A congrats to TSL - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Thumbs up A congrats to TSL

It's been said in another thread where issue's and goals for TSL were discussed and it was noted that TSL has what the other forums do not. A very social aspect which in my view is very family like. I've been around here for just over a year and I can say that this part of TSL hasn't been any greater than this month alone.

Since SOC there have been many get together events planned beside the usual saabtoberfest and sweedish car day. I figure that it was worth a congrats to all members on the board that help organise these events and host them.

Congrats to those TSL as well who have come through for local members or members passing through your area that have whose saabs have broken down on them and in getting them back up on the road.

A final congrats to the Admins and Mods who make it possible for all these events to be known by keeping TSL running.

To me this just seems to be the biggest success of our forum in that we are more than just knowledge and internet friends but friends in person. If anything the "about us" box on the homepage should include the fact that we plan social gatherings or something along those lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

nahum is very hormonal today
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
I CAN feel the love tonight.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Elder

On your leg? Nahum, i thought you were Collin's father?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Elder

Lolz ^
Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #6
Elder

I spy a signature that is too large.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuarmy View Post
nahum is very hormonal today
He tends to post something like this once a month.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
It's been said in another thread where issue's and goals for TSL were discussed and it was noted that TSL has what the other forums do not. A very social aspect which in my view is very family like. I've been around here for just over a year and I can say that this part of TSL hasn't been any greater than this month alone.

Since SOC there have been many get together events planned beside the usual saabtoberfest and sweedish car day. I figure that it was worth a congrats to all members on the board that help organise these events and host them.

Congrats to those TSL as well who have come through for local members or members passing through your area that have whose saabs have broken down on them and in getting them back up on the road.

A final congrats to the Admins and Mods who make it possible for all these events to be known by keeping TSL running.

To me this just seems to be the biggest success of our forum in that we are more than just knowledge and internet friends but friends in person. If anything the "about us" box on the homepage should include the fact that we plan social gatherings or something along those lines.
Amen

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
I think that saablink is as much a global community, as it is a group of smaller local communities. amen to that also

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
I spy a signature that is too large.
what, who?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #11
Site Moderator

can i get a hallelujah from the congregation?!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Thats exactly how I feel about TSL. Its definately been molded into the community that I originally had hoped to house. So I couldn'tve said it better myself.

Now we're moving on to our next stage that will really solidify our stance in the Saab community.

Thanks to everyone!

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
All ball-busting aside, Nahum has a very good point... we are like a family. And like a family we help eachother out as well as have fun poking fun at eachother. You all rock and embody the enthusiastic Saab community I had the pleasure of entering into nearly 10 years ago that has been all but lost in other forums and mailing lists.

CL

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
somebody had there leg humped today,, jk jk, saablink is a greatplace, although i have yet to meet many of the peaple who live on this webpage, i would like to at some point in time
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to fretrunner9000 Send a message via MSN to fretrunner9000
hormones aside... it is a pretty unique place and group of people.

Sticking with the family theme ... not sure where to put most people, but id definitely say that i feel like the most prominent family member i can compaer here is a bunch of cool drunk uncles... you know not like bothers or sister... definitely a bunch of those cool uncles who are adults... but not really... and let, encurage, and help you do things your parents dont aprove of before you should

2003 93 Linear Stage 2
Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #16
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
You guys are a bunch of chumps.

That are welcome at my place anytime.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Well, Turbo Dog Libby definitely enjoys spending time with her Saablink uncles. They do cool things like feed her ice cubes out of the keg box, dangle their half-eaten donuts within licking range and let her ride in all sorts of cool cars.

Come to think of it, I enjoy at least two of the three of those things, too.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #18
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to RedAeroGirl
during one particular weekend this past July, at least twenty Saablinkers ended up having awesome fun get-togethers. Guru and I were down at Aireeca's in Connecticut; Fieldsc and SilverAeroGuy were grilling steaks and drinking beers in Somerville; and I'm pretty sure that was the same weekend as the New Hampshire BBQ. A lot of people had a really great time with excellent Saab friends mostly due to the Link. And that was just here in New England!

And then SOC was a month later, and that was legendary! Weddings are always so emotional
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Well, Turbo Dog Libby definitely enjoys spending time with her Saablink uncles. They do cool things like feed her ice cubes out of the keg box, dangle their half-eaten donuts within licking range and let her ride in all sorts of cool cars.

Come to think of it, I enjoy at least two of the three of those things, too.
I'm having a hard time determining which thing you don't enjoy.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Oh I think Ced's TSL ski trip is going to be the culminating event of the year. I hate having to miss it but thats just how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in