What is happening to TSL?!?!?! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Unhappy What is happening to TSL?!?!?!

TSL is my favorite Saab site due the fact that everyone is laid back and the people here rock. I don't know how many times I have had a bad day and came on here only to find something that almost made me piss myself it was so funny. Lately I feel we have been caught up in politics. This weekend I really didn't check the Link at all because I didn't have my laptop. Now every time I check its like I see the he said she said bull shit. I don't know I just don't like the vibe that TSL has been giving off lately...

End Rant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I have a new cat, his name is tentatively Hibachi/Gilbert and I will be posting pictures shortly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Elder

Ibtl

Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Aero
Cabin fever is upon us. PM Tweek for more info.
/thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
I dont notice an attitude...give some examples. Support your position.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
All for the greater glory of Ingsoc

Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregabbott View Post
Racist?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
JK
Elder

I think there are quite a few people who want the site to be more user friendly as it grows, and it would be nice to have some valuable info on here rather than 50% of the threads being about Chaturday, or people adding all sorts of comments to legitimate threads.

I think a lot of people have take shit off topic, sometimes to the extreme, but there is a lot of non-useful posting that goes on. And recently a lot of doubling up on threads. If stuff goes completely unregulated there will be 15 "can I turbocharge my NA such and such," and "WTB a BOV for my T7 for $30," or "How do I add a boost gauge?"

Eventually people need to learn to utilize the info already on saabnet, and in some respect people need to keep the legitimate threads on topic.

Half of me really likes being sarcastic, however the other half understands the the people running this site really want it to take off and become a valuable resource for saab-folk, and turn into a site that is more user friendly for newcomers.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
I agree that TSL is growing at a rapid rate, which is great. And as JK pointed out we need to build our knowledge base and cut out the redundant threads. I am all for the funny threads but we need serious threads too. When we balance the off topic and on topic info on TSL we will have something that other Saab sites don't have.

Just my 2 cents...

^CLICK ME^
Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by liketheword View Post
Racist?
No.

Big Brother does not approve.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
I think there are quite a few people who want the site to be more user friendly as it grows, and it would be nice to have some valuable info on here rather than 50% of the threads being about Chaturday, or people adding all sorts of comments to legitimate threads.

I think a lot of people have take shit off topic, sometimes to the extreme, but there is a lot of non-useful posting that goes on. And recently a lot of doubling up on threads. If stuff goes completely unregulated there will be 15 "can I turbocharge my NA such and such," and "WTB a BOV for my T7 for $30," or "How do I add a boost gauge?"

Eventually people need to learn to utilize the info already on saabnet, and in some respect people need to keep the legitimate threads on topic.

Half of me really likes being sarcastic, however the other half understands the the people running this site really want it to take off and become a valuable resource for saab-folk, and turn into a site that is more user friendly for newcomers.
Agreed.

1997 900SE Talladega (SQR stage 4)
2006 9-3SS Aero
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
I have a new cat, his name is tentatively Hibachi/Gilbert and I will be posting pictures shortly.
Do you mean both those names together, or one or the other? Would you care to elaborate on the origins of that choice?

Back on topic, I don't know that I have felt a different vibe here lately. The only thing I notice is that there isn't a whole lot of new posting happening, at least not in the 9000 forums. I take partial credit for this myself, because I have a lot of projects going on, some already finished, which I could have documented and shared. I just seem really short on time lately. Also, people just aren't seeming to post many issues with which I have knowledge. Come on people, if you are going to break your cars, do it in ways about which I know!!

I certainly welcome the growth of this site. I think it has the most potential of all the Saab sites I have visited, but is a bit lacking on content. By that, I don't mean on/off topic posting, but rather the amount of information you can retrieve for any given topic through a search.

Has anyone ever thought about adding a 'Garage' to this site?

Last edited by Aaron Gilbert; 10-29-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
Elder

Also, I forgot to add that many members need to improve their post ratios before this site can move onto bigger and better things.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
I appreciate the fact that some people realize what we're trying to do here, without us forcing it upon everyone. We still must "prune" accordingly in order to achieve the long term goals of TSL. JK hit it on the head with where we are trying to lead TSL.

This is not solely a social forum, nor is strictly informative... but its important that we have a good mix of both. While the internet is not serious, the time, support and information we and the members of this forum have put together is very real. Its about time that people understand that and respect it.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Gilbert View Post
Do you mean both those names together, or one or the other? Would you care to elaborate on the origins of that choice?
Most certainly. A drunk friend started calling him Gilbert when we first found him, and one of my favorite NBA players is Gilbert Arenas. He has a habit of yelling "hibachi!" when releasing a clutch shot (to indicate he's hot, I suppose). I don't know if it fits yet though.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #16
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Lets keep this on topic, since it is an on topic post.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out View Post
Lets keep this on topic, since it is an on topic post.
Certainly, my initial comment about the cat was only because I felt this was redundant since issues were being addressed in the other thread. No harm meant.

If anyone wants to know more about Gilbert/Hibachi, PM me

Old 10-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
Elder

You guys are whining like a bunch of little girls.

I suggest you just let Topher lock this thread and be done with it.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
You guys are whining like a bunch of little girls.

I suggest you just let Topher lock this thread and be done with it.
Off topic posts like this are what is ruining TSL. Please allow this thread to remain on topic and constructive by not posting useless things. Also, try to use better judgement when posting.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #20

Man o man drew stirring the pot a little more eh!!??!! j/k

On topic (i hope) I came to the link (from central) because it is so much more active. I like the social part better. There are always new posts, and stuff to look at. At first I just went to the NG forums, now I click the new posts button which I find MUCH more rewarding. There is so much saab stuff shared accross the models. Plus, I like that I can post a question and a 9-5 guy can comment along with a 9000 owner.

Lets be carefull as we are being led, and those that are leading, that we not become too much like the other places, for some of us, thats why we are here!!

FYI, I do not have a saabnet username, and I have not been banned from saabcentral, I am however addicted to mountain dew, but have never stayed in a holiday inn express.

Tboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in