My thoughts regarding third party ads (Craigslist, ebay, etc) - Page 6 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #101
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Saabotaged900T
When it comes to inquiring about a CL or ebay item, such as the coolant leak example, cant someone just summarize or copy and paste the description, sans the link, email and contact info?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #102
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
there have been people who have complained/

they aren't coming out now, probably afraid to get attacked like some of us have been.

Also, I am just enforcing the rule, it doesn't mean I believe in in hardcore or something. I really couldn't care either way, I was just helping expain part of the reasoning behind it. you know, "sorry, just doing my job, ma'am."
So people have complained and they aren't coming out now because they are afraid of being criticized. That is a fair assumption. However, it's not very democratic stop something because of a smattering of complaints. To truly have a handle on the scope of this a simple list of options that can be voted on would maintain anonymity as well as appease the masses. What ever the result is of that it what has to be accepted and we move on.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #103
Elder

Send a message via AIM to saabsbreakdown
Guys, come on, I know this isn't just about saving you money on ebay stuff.

Seriously though, just put another topic in the buying and selling forum. this is rediculous. If its such a big issue to you, then make a decision. If you don't want the opinion of the usership, then why are you still debating with them?

People will never stop posting stuff that relates to saab on a saab forum, no matter what rule you put in place, you will have to sit by the computer forever with your finger on the delete button, and you know it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Car 178 - 1975 Saab 99 EMS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #104
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsbreakdown View Post
Guys, come on, I know this isn't just about saving you money on ebay stuff.

Seriously though, just put another topic in the buying and selling forum. this is rediculous. If its such a big issue to you, then make a decision. If you don't want the opinion of the usership, then why are you still debating with them?

People will never stop posting stuff that relates to saab on a saab forum, no matter what rule you put in place, you will have to sit by the computer forever with your finger on the delete button, and you know it.
Or repeat offenders will be given warnings and be banned. If they say not to do something than you are kind of at their mercy. Being a mod on another site, just having to sift through shit and delete things is annoying. Especially if it is the same person. So then they get a PM from me...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #105
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Denying free speach would be making this thread dissapear and pretending any voices against the ban never happend.

I think overall those who have mentioned and asked for the 2 seperated bump threads have helped this discussion the most. My mind personally isn't changed, but those for the ban aren't being as vocal. I guess we will repeal the decision unless something else comes up.

I would also like to add the idea of pm'ing a mod and asking for an ebay find to be censored because they are interested in it, seems contrary to the majority of the opinions in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #106
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Denying free speach would be making this thread dissapear and pretending any voices against the ban never happend.

I think overall those who have mentioned and asked for the 2 seperated bump threads have helped this discussion the most. My mind personally isn't changed, but those for the ban aren't being as vocal. I guess we will repeal the decision unless something else comes up.

I would also like to add the idea of pm'ing a mod and asking for an ebay find to be censored because they are interested in it, seems contrary to the majority of the opinions in this thread.
Thank you for being understanding, tweek.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #107
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Thank you Tweek!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #108
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
This rule was made with the interest of the members in mind.

It seems the rule was made with a few members intrests in mind. Its clear from this thread this is not in the best interest of the majority of members.

Tboy
Old 10-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #109
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
It seems the rule was made with a few members intrests in mind. Its clear from this thread this is not in the best interest of the majority of members.

Tboy
Not helpful.

Rule #5 for being an Effective Advocate: do not get pissy with the judge when he's about to change his mind and agree with you

Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #110
Trollerator
Elder

this situation has been solved.

no need to try and start the argument back up

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in