So what do you get for donating? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Elder

Cool So what do you get for donating?

Hey guys. Been following multiple threads where people are complaining, etc.

I am not looking to bring complaints or what mods can do better, etc.

But what's in it for being a site contributor?

Any special perks, etc.?

Other sites give you a little "site contributor" line underneath your forum name, etc. I think this is good for a number of reasons, among them, it helps me reign myself in.

For instance on another site I am actively involved in, you get the site contributor thingy and access to ShoutBox (chat) and the ability to view the site without a top ad, and a link for post of the day, etc.

In the past year and a half I have donated $200 to the site.

I dropped this site $10 today, I will do more once I decide to stick around; but after donating today I followed a certain other thread that makes me question somethings. But whatever.

I just thought now that people are discussing the site mission, etc, perhaps we could consider donor perks, etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Elder

p.s. I am from Minnesota (there are lots of us here) and I sometimes post funny pictures of myself which screws up bandwidth.

p.p.s. Sorry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I got server space for pictures in the member gallery. I dropped 30 bucks a while ago. I'll donate again soon..

Old 06-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I got server space for pictures in the member gallery. I dropped 30 bucks a while ago. I'll donate again soon..
In the time of Photobucket, etc, I have no need for server space.

Plus there were complaints that threads that went on for 7 pages caused the server to run slow or have us run out of bandwidth at the end of the month. I would think they WOULD rather not give away valuable server space.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
$20 Upload access to the gallery. Try to provide free items like the vinyls and business cards. Most money goes to the server, and the event banner.

Besides that haven't really set anything up, but I'm open to suggestions.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
In the time of Photobucket, etc, I have no need for server space.

Plus there were complaints that threads that went on for 7 pages caused the server to run slow or have us run out of bandwidth at the end of the month. I would think they WOULD rather not give away valuable server space.
Okay, I can tell where this is going again. You want your money back cause I don't feel like hearing more bullshit right now.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out View Post
Okay, I can tell where this is going again. You want your money back cause I don't feel like hearing more bullshit right now.

Are you serious? NO! How is this bull shit? COMPLETELY legitimate, no ulterior motives.

I am just saying things like "site contributor" are FREE, while giving people server space DOES INDEED take bandwidth, etc (don't know the proper terms).

Chill dude, I am not attacking you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher, second line of first post
I am not looking to bring complaints or what mods can do better, etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
HNNLIC
Elder

Oh just shut the fuck up. For once.. seriously. Wasn't born yesterday pimpin.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
HNNLIC
Elder

Your $10 is refunded. I'd rather not take money from you. Just enjoy the free forum.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

also there was a open two month or so time where 18 dollar donations got you a cool limited edition saablink t-shirt

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in