General Specifics... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

General Specifics...

in my quest to find a Saab forum to call home, I ended up here. what can I say, I'm a sucker for vBulletin. it's just easier on my brain to process things. so, on that note, I'd like to say, "thank you" for this. I do very much appreciate it. what I'd like to offer up for consideration is one tiny little thing... a General section.

each and every build seems to get their own personal General section. which is nice, I suppose, for those times when something doesn't apply to Performance, Modification, or Troubleshooting. I can't help feeling that 9-5ers are alienating 900ers. I know, I know... I'm allowed to cruise other sections. I guess I just don't think about it from time to time.

could we maybe have one simple General section for all to enjoy? possibly this could offer up an even larger "community" for people to interact with. and in theory, with all the other categories available, it would still be Saab specific, if not model/year specific.

just a thought.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
There is already a general section for each car. Are you just wanting something like a general section for B.S. If so thats what our lovely off topic section is for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

no. I realize there's a general section for each car. I was just pulling randomly out of my ass that having a general section for each car is bad. and if we had a general section for all the cars, maybe the community would interact more. when they need their specific information, they'll still have their specific categories. thread's I've seen in everyone's general section do not seem like they'd suffer from more exposure... it seems like they'd prosper, and their general nature lends them this in my humble opinion.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I see what your getting at. By having a one general post for all cars everyone would see it whether they drive a 99 to a 9-5 and therefor everyone could help and learn more about each model. Good idea but at the same time each car having its own general section helps keep the replies to those that have experience with that model.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
Having a general section for each type of car makes it easier for guests and even active members to search around for a problem if they have a similar situation. I think most people on this board are friendly and know enough about cars in general to help people that are outside their particular model saab.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I just use the "new posts" button.

Unless I post a new thread.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

yeah, and I suppose I'm not saying to take anything away, per se. still, a quick search through the general sections shows a lot of threads that could go anywhere. and the more specific ones would actually be more suited to the troubleshooting sections or modification sections. again, just an opinion. I was just watchin' the Saabtoberfest video, and it looks like plenty of people get along and around together. just seemed like another way of enabling this sort o thang would be to integrate the Generals.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SPG View Post
Having a general section for each type of car makes it easier for guests and even active members to search around for a problem if they have a similar situation. I think most people on this board are friendly and know enough about cars in general to help people that are outside their particular model saab.
still, wouldn't that be more appropriately listed under, for example: "Car Problems? 9-5 Only" rather than "General 9-5 Posts and Information"?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
Elder

Theres both lol. TSL has a good setup.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
I've heard some old farts over on saabcentral complain that we have too many forums here lol
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 11-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90SPG View Post
I've heard some old farts over on saabcentral complain that we have too many forums here lol

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

We also do not get a forum discount on Werthers Original canides that the old people like. I hear SC does.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post

We also do not get a forum discount on Werthers Original canides that the old people like. I hear SC does.
Thats fucking hysterical. I haven't seen wethers original's in decades. I hadn't seen a commercial for them until the last time I went to a movie and there was one in the opening credits. Can't remember what movie it was though.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #13
Avid TSL User

whelp, being the old fart that I am, I suppose I'll concede, pop out the dentures and find some hard candy to gum, and I'll satisfy my expanded audience needs to the likes of Walmart where I hear the adult pampers are on sale this week, by the way.

oh, and get the hell off my lawn!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
Elder

Lmfao

Old 11-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #15
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneriffic View Post
whelp, being the old fart that I am, I suppose I'll concede, pop out the dentures and find some hard candy to gum, and I'll satisfy my expanded audience needs to the likes of Walmart where I hear the adult pampers are on sale this week, by the way.

oh, and get the hell off my lawn!

Don't forget the peanut brittle!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #16
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post

We also do not get a forum discount on Werthers Original canides that the old people like.
I hear SC does.
lol, good call!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
SAAB Road Master

Location: Boston, but really Somerville. It takes me 4 minutes to get to Boston and 7 to 10 to get to Logan
Quote:
Thats fucking hysterical. I haven't seen wethers original's in decades. I hadn't seen a commercial for them until the last time I went to a movie and there was one in the opening credits. Can't remember what movie it was though.
Driving Mrs Daisy
Old 11-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to amish_geek Send a message via MSN to amish_geek
Hey! I happen to like werthers originals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in