How about adding a live chat section - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you think having a live chat room like saabnet.com would be beneficial
Yes 34 91.89%
No 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
How about adding a live chat section

Forums are great for allowing a question to be seen for quite a while and everyone can answer that knows that answer but the downfall is you have to wait for people to answer.

What would be the feasability of doing a live chat room setup like on saabnet.com. People that hang around the site would be able to just kick back and joke about anything as well as be able to answer a question instantly for a fellow saaber in a bind or in the middle of some DIY work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
This has been suggested a few times before. With this new software i can integrate a chat program, but am waiting for a good version to be released. I'll double check to see if a good chat program has been released for this software that people can easily use.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Sweet. Thats good to hear. I'm not a technical savvy person so i see things and assume anythings possible. I'm good with my hands in my 9k engine bay and the tools i have.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
i think this could also cut down on the off topic threads that some people seem so uptight about.
...not me though

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
yea, i think it would be kinda cool-but i would just spend MORE time on here and never get anything done.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
yes, chat would waste much more of my time, but hey, what the hell, not like im doing anything with it anyway

Paul

Old 12-22-2006, 06:58 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
Hey, I was just going to start a thread asking the same question

What's the status on this admins?

Old 12-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #8
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
You'll notice that site additions usually take a while to get implemented. That's mainly because I'm the only one who does site modifications, aside from emergency issues that Jesse (440grafix) will fix.

Long story short.. i'm getting around to it. There's several other things that I need to add before a chat.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 12-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out View Post
You'll notice that site additions usually take a while to get implemented. That's mainly because I'm the only one who does site modifications, aside from emergency issues that Jesse (440grafix) will fix.

Long story short.. i'm getting around to it. There's several other things that I need to add before a chat.
cool man! I'm not trying to rush but was just wondering if it was in the works kewl

what other things are you working on? unless it's a secret...

Old 12-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #10
Elder

sweet. thanks ced

Old 12-28-2006, 10:03 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

do it just do it its sickkkkkkk!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #12
HNNLIC
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozs13 View Post
cool man! I'm not trying to rush but was just wondering if it was in the works kewl

what other things are you working on? unless it's a secret...
Some static vehicle information pages, various RSS feeds , random photo generator and of course chat.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque_Out View Post
Some static vehicle information pages, various RSS feeds , random photo generator and of course chat.
very interesting

Old 12-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #14
Elder

Hmm.... a live chat could get some of us in trouble.

Getting a whole bunch of miscreants in one place with free communication.... I could foresee some Bad Ideas being executed... :-/

Bring it on

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 12-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
Hmm.... a live chat could get some of us in trouble.

Getting a whole bunch of miscreants in one place with free communication.... I could foresee some Bad Ideas being executed... :-/

Bring it on
hell ya, can't wait for the bad ideas

Old 12-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozs13 View Post
hell ya, can't wait for the bad ideas
agreed!

^CLICK ME^
Old 12-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
Elder

*snicker*

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 12-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #18
Elder

i assume NO responsibility for anyones actions when a chat gets implemented. cough prius cough cough

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 12-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
i assume NO responsibility for anyones actions when a chat gets implemented. cough prius cough cough
Haha, location: happy trees

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine
Old 12-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #20
Elder

carl, you left way too early. i almost left at one point and i am damn glad i didnt. right after palmer left, shit literally hit the fan.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in