I need Help!!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Exclamation I need Help!!!

okay this is the scoop I have a 94 Saab 900 SE Turbo with 215k miles but I want to keep the car because the inside is really clean and the leather looks like the car just came off the lot, but the motor is what worries me. Does anyone know where I can buy a new motor for my car with really low miles because I really want to modify my car and do some serious engine work to make it faster. It already has a stage one turbo upgrade from the original factory turbo, but I still want more power like a stage three. So if anyone can help me or have an suggestions on what I should do please let me know, i'm new to this saab scene I was a really big VW person but I kinda changed my mind, the saab's look and feel way better! So please if anyone can help me I'm all ears!..

Thanks,
Matt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Drop a 9k engine into it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
SAABeginner

whats a 9k motor and where can I find one

Old 09-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
b234 and you can find one in a 9000 (aka 9K) in a junk yard
Old 09-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
SAABeginner

are they reliable and can i find one with low miles though?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Elder

yes they are the strongest motor saabs made. I think stock internals can handle 500hp. Just look for one around 100K miles and your golden.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
SAABeginner

thank you for helping me out i really appreciate it alot, now does it matter what motor out of a 9k or not really like the year, also does it have a turbo?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

You're IDEAL best of best situation would be to find an 9000 AERO model (2.3l) to throw into it. And yes, this model was turboed (tdo4). But, good luck finding that (As they are pretty rare) lol. You'll be fine with any 2.3 engine from a 9000.
)
'02 SG Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 LB Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 9-3 SE (sold)
Old 09-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

i don't know how easy it would be to drop in the b234 but hey, worth a shot.
check ebay every so often and your local junk yards
Old 09-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #10
Elder

its almost like just swapping for the same motor...barely any extra work....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #11
Elder

Check ebay, i think i saw a BRAND new motor for sale from a 9k.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #12
Elder

kwkslvr- i belive all 9k engines from the 93-98 to be the same but with different turbos on them. i think internals are the same. maybe nate could verify that
Old 09-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #13
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
kwkslvr- i belive all 9k engines from the 93-98 to be the same but with different turbos on them. i think internals are the same. maybe nate could verify that

Well, I didn't state the year lol. Yes, that seems to be about right. But of course, I'm not extremely 9K saavy.
)
'02 SG Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 LB Viggen Coupe (sold)
'99 9-3 SE (sold)
Old 09-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
There is a junk yard in the middle of upstate NY called Goldwing. If you wanna make the drive. THey would have what you are looking for.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #15
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
yes

Old 09-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
93 the transmissons were different (as were the earlier 90-92 ones). Try and get a 94-98 2.3t. That way you' ll be able to use the later style transmissions.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #17
SAABeginner

ya my saab is a 94 and i believe it is the 2.3t
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #18
Elder

hey Quick what exactly is 'worrying' you about your motor?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #19
Avid TSL User

94 and up 9000 have the same motor, 93 and earlier 2.3 litres have the same motor. The 94 up are slightly shorter and have a better port design on the heads. ANd the c900 turbo engine internals are rated at 551 hp, so IDK which is stronger, and the B201 block in the 8 valve 900 is stronger than the block in the 16 valve.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #20
SAABeginner

i don't want alot of miles on it cuz when i come home from basic training i have to drive down to florida to my brothers so his store can do my full in dash dvd/navigation system with all new JL speakers throughout the car and the Viper car security system... So I found a motor for my saab and it's the same motor but with 82k miles so I think I'm going to end up buying that cuz it's only $1500 so I mine as well... but keep the suggestions coming..

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in