Thread Moderation - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Welcome to The Saab Link > Saab Link Site Issue Forum

Saab Link Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
Thread Moderation

It seems that threads get closed, edited, deleted and we never know why. Is it possible to either modify the forum template to post the moderation reason at the end of the thread or to post a final post as to why the thread was moderated the way it was????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
I agree, this isn't saabnet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
It would greatly help to keep the peace and to ensure that we model our thread behavior into what is desired and expected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
It is supposed to be. I will always let people know when and why I did something.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Elder

You do a very good job of that but it does not carry through the whole moderation staff.

I moderate a Volvo/SAAB forum on another site and if we perform any moderation on a thread the reason must be present in the thread as a post or as a Delete line with explanation. It keeps the animals from getting restless....

Old 09-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
Trollerator
Elder

I usually include a reason i must have overlooked it this time. Sorry

maybe I figured it was plenty obvious, I guess when I assume I make an ass out of u and me.

ass-u-me

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Agreed x10.

I also want to gripe a little about a few threads in the past that get reopened so a mod can sneak in the last word, like the bsaint thread or others. In today's locked thread 'duckted only opened it to add why it was locked and that's cool; but threads like the "fighting on the internet" thread or others that get locked due to flamewars always end with admin adding their two cents when the rest of us don't get to refute it... This might be off topic, but while we're on the subject of locking..

Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I am desperately striving to gain home computer access. But my curent situation only allows for me to check the site very briefly and I tend to skip over alot of stuff.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
Elder

^ and that's understandable, we can't all be here all the time and it would be crazy for us to ask that of anyone, including a mod. But on the other hand there are at least ten of you, and like I've said before the weight of helping TSL run smoothly shouldn't rest on any one particular admin's shoulders (Tweek you know I think you rock, but you get hard on yourself if you can't plug a hole in the sinking ship so to speak)

You gotta eat sleep and shit sometime and unless youre posting via telepathy you can't babysit us 24/7.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Trollerator
Elder

I won't re-open something just to sneak in my 2 cents, that is something i agree does not come off well.

in fact the only time I reopened something to comment was to say why I closed it.

good suggestion

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
Elder

I don't want to be the forum "bitch" or anything (as it comes up when we have issues like this) but that really doesn't sit well with me and I'm glad an admin feels the same way...

Old 09-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Elder

Ok I can see why you would moderate the thread but in this occasion I dont see closing it.. I would see moving it to the appropriate section OFF TOPIC but thats just my .02....... Which means nothing around here.

And if you felt it was too far off topic then why not prune the thread???

Old 09-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
dukted i think your getting carried away. there wasnt nothing wrong with my thread

moving its okay, but closing it is way over reacting.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDynamic View Post
dukted i think your getting carried away. there wasnt nothing wrong with my thread

moving its okay, but closing it is way over reacting.
I think a thread split might have been appropriate, but the way the thread was going, closing it was probably the best idea anyhow.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Absolutely nothing wrong with your thread, that's why it's still there. Just locked... not deleted...
Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
it shouldnt have ever gotten locked. im still mad about it. should have just moved it
Old 09-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
Elder

I'm all in agreement - but I seldomly have to lock or move anything lately - at times things get posted int he wrong section and it's simple enough to move it to where it's needed to be - i never see the need to leave a re-director, but I will for now on cause I guess not everyone checks the forums in the same matter. As for other issues - stephen - siggy size is still an issue with a lot of members.... simple thing we ask of is to keep to size regs to help keep the bandwidth down. Also ease the time of loading pages for everyone. I'm not as concerned about file size as much as the image pixel dementions.
for your repair needs
Old 09-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #18
Elder

Is mine too large? I went under the dimensions that I saw online and I host it personally... If so I will gladly size it down. Just let me know.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #19
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Yeah it looks a bit too large... super distracting too.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #20
Elder

taken care of....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in