The Saab Link Forums

The Saab Link Forums (https://www.saablink.net/forum/index.php)
-   Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 (https://www.saablink.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   [b]blow-off valve and intake[/b] (https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3315)

saabtyler 02-25-2005 07:22 PM

[b]blow-off valve and intake[/b]

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the replies to my post in the newbie section. Everyone was a TON of help! But anyways, here's a couple pics of the blow-off valve and the intake that was just put on my car thanks to Eric and Chris of MP Performance.

The blow-off valve is an OBX Type-H and the intake is the JR intake that normally comes with a heat shield, but they forgot to send that with my order so I'm still waitin' for it. Tell me what you think. Thanks!

iwantaviggen 02-26-2005 01:32 AM

well i like it... but how do YOU like it?

saabtyler 02-26-2005 09:26 AM

BOV and intake . . .

I LOVE it! The sound the BOV puts off is amazing and I love how I can really hear my turbo spool up now with the intake. I couldn't be happier with it!

iwantaviggen 02-26-2005 03:01 PM

just becarefull without the sheild... make sure the intake pipe isnt rubbing the belt.... glad you like it... up the boost with a MBC now!! WEEEEE

saabtyler 02-26-2005 10:43 PM

mbc

yeah, i made sure to tie the intake pipe off so that it wouldn't rub the belt. the heat shield should be here by tuesday, so i'll be puttin' that on. my next mod will definitely be an MBC for sure.

rcmdesign 02-27-2005 06:28 AM

Yeah looks like you are holding onto the intake pipe with that twistie tie stuff used on bread :lol:

saabtyler 02-27-2005 10:12 AM

bread wire . . .

haha, basically i am. actually, it's just a small piece of aluminum wire twisted on there for the time being. it works though!

Tweek's Turbos 02-28-2005 11:54 AM

Downpipe next...and remove that hood insulation.

Mr.Dobsi 02-28-2005 03:01 PM

would removing the hood insulation damage the paint or warp the hood from the heat do u think?

Tweek's Turbos 02-28-2005 04:05 PM

We had a big thread on this. I think the consensus without flat out testing was to put some thermal insulation tape just above the Turbo and downpipe on the hood.

This is the step I took late last season, this year I am adding hood vents.

saabtyler 02-28-2005 05:20 PM

hood insulation . . .

So, what exactly is removing the hood insulation going to do for me?

KemoSaaby 02-28-2005 05:29 PM

Pheww,! I was helpin out around MPperformace when tyler rolled in and I went for a ride in it..... let me tell you what......... I was bout to steal that shit and throw it on my 9-3 :twisted: When you roll the windows up it really sounds like there is a 747 jet engine under the hood ... The blow off valve only adds to the sweetness factor :D Damn i would like a T5.. I would recomend this product 2 anyone that is looking for a bad ass sound and some extray ponies.. Hopefully MP will be coming out with a nice intake soon :D