Saab Link Forums banner

Used viggen pp with new Spec disk?

622 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JZW 
#1 ·
Has anybody done this? I have a used viggen pressure plate with approx. 20k miles on it and want to go to spec stg. 3 disk, but don't want to have to buy a new pp. Anybody swapped disks and kept the press. plate the same? Any problems?
Thanks!

#2 ·
Yup, I tried this and the results were not very good. I put in a new spec flywheel with used, 6k disk and viggen PP and it slipped for about 1500 miles past 22psi, then it held a little while and started slipping in second gear.

It might do a little better with resurfaced flywheel and new disk with used pp, but I have a brand new viggen pp I will make a deal for you;)

I had to go in a do the clutch again with new 93 tranny. This time I went new spec flywheel insert, new spec stage 3 disk and new spec stage 3 PP.

Here is what my set-up looked like after 3k. My brand new clutch has 120 miles on it, it holds most of the time, but will slip in third gear when its cold in the morning, even at 23psi. I am hoping it holds after 500 miles. Spec recommends no wot until after 500 miles of stop and go traffic.
http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29527

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.