T5 cam install in a T7 motor - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
T5 cam install in a T7 motor

Anyone have a video or anything of the install. Something I need done for the stage 5 level and I'm a bit nervous as it involves inner engine work and I'm more of a mid-level DIY'er

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
It's not difficult. I'm not sure there's a video or write-up of it, but you could follow instructions for a timing chain replacement.

You're just loosening the timing chain, swapping them out, and re-setting timing.
setting timing in these engines is remarkably easy. I just looked on the platanoff site, and there wasn't anything there. It's not terribly scary, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Send a message via Skype™ to Tap804
read grkguys post about the enem cam install its the same procedure, like he said very easy, theres marks on the cam and on the crank pulley for TDC make sure the three will line up, zip tie the cam gears to the chain in a few places unbolt, keep everything clean, check lifters while you're there rebolt using the torque sequence, and dont mix up the caps as they are numbered. and they receive oil thru part of the bolt as well so dont start swapping around bolts, my recommendation flip over the valve cover,and do one cam at a time. and place each cam cap in direct correlation with where it goes and dont take out the bolts just pull it all up at once, and take pictures before and compare them. there are little nubs on the cam caps, keep mind to witch direction these face

ive done this a few times, its quite a simple procedure.

double check your marks on the cams and the crank pulley. youl know when you see them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in