short throw - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
TSLMember

short throw

Does anybody have the short shifter from saab savior on their NG900?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
I don't know if anyone has one from Saabsavior, but I'm getting one made for me.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-28-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
TSLMember

ya i was just wondering how it was if anybody had one. Where are you getting one made?

Old 03-28-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Im getting mine made by another user.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #5
TSLMember

Is it going to be anything like Erics Saab Site DIY short shifter, because that thing seems a little ridiculous.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

Yes its Eric's DIY shifter. I guess you won't be doing the mod Of course its going to save me $175, and is proven just as good....

Old 03-28-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

ive done the mod from erics saab site and find it to be a great money saver not only that but all it has to do with is the pivot point to the stick i find it to be rather silly to buy the short throw for that price when you could make it yourself or have someone else do it for you for cheap
Old 03-28-2004, 06:39 PM   #8
TSLMember

From the pictures, at least to me, it doesn't seem like the most stable or strongest thing to replace the original shifter case with.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
DC has one...im shure he'll see this and post about it...

from what i've heard they are great and good price too...

im doing mine when i upgrade my clutch...
Old 03-29-2004, 04:07 AM   #10
Avid TSL User

you would be suprised at how stable it is dont judge a book by its cover and if it is not strong enough then you probably have a tranny problem
Old 03-29-2004, 06:07 AM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
Yea.... ,

I have SAAB Saviors SS on my car....the quality is excellent. You can shift hard
without having to worry about whether your homemade application
will fall apart. I didn't agree with the lateral issues associated with Eric's first design... although he's long-since fixed it, and looks to be working fine from what I've read.

The fulcrum point on my SS looks like one huge ball bearing that pivots smooth and solid. You'll feel yourself shifting much quicker. Either method (Erics or SAAB Savior), is way better than stock.

Ordered mine on the phone with the owner, and he gave me a week on the return before charging the core.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 AM   #12
Avid TSL User

I wonder if the SAABSavior short-shifter would be a good candidate for a group-buy?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

q- that is exactly what i was thinking, how much is it normally, and i'd definately be interested in a groupy if the price was right

~justin

I ÐRIVE SWEÐISH
Old 03-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #14
HNNLIC
Elder

Good idea.

Oh and Eric's DIY short shifter could definately be even more sturdy if it was welded

Nonetheless will still save money.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

The standard price for the short shifter from SAAB Savior is $250.00 PLUS $100 deposit for the core. I can contact John and start a group buy if there's interest.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #16
TSLMember

now im clearly new to this forum, what is this group buy you guys are talking about?
Old 03-29-2004, 04:12 PM   #17
HNNLIC
Elder

If you check down in the Selling and Buying forum, there is a section for TSL Group Buys. Group Buys are when a user gets with a vendor and organizes a mass order of a certain part. Doing this allows for a decent discount, depending on how many people show interest.

Have you checked out the rest of the board? Theres plenty of good forums on here that are interesting.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:59 PM   #18
TSLMember

ya ive been looking around the site and have found a lot of interesting things
Old 04-01-2004, 04:44 AM   #19
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to DC_SAAB
lol.....,

funny how every time someone hears about a good product..it always comes back to a "group buy" ....A savings can actually be realized from the shipping alone if someone were willing to take on the responsibility of getting the devices to the members that paid up front. Some of the examples I've heard of in various places on forums...:

"that's a nice looking body kit...I know, I know, let's do a group buy"
"that's a nice steering clamp kit..., how bout we do a....group buy"
"that's a nice spoiler on the rear..., think they'll let us do a group buy?"
"anyone know what the best ECU is? Maybe we could save if we do a....group buy"
"that's a good looking delivery pipe..hmm, let's do a group buy"
"that short shifter looks like a good deal, I wonder if we can do a .....group buy"

just poking fun, but a lot of us fail to realize that most group buys require a central place to deliver to, especially if we're buying bulk product. it might be easier to arrange a group buy with a SAAB meet for the group buys to work out .

Guess I've yet to see a group buy actually work out..., For that matter, has anyone here seen one work. Unless someone is willing to have the equipment shipped to their home for distribution to others during a SAAB meet, is it really worth it?

"disclaimer": this was not to insult any ego's here, just offering food for thought..
Old 04-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #20
HNNLIC
Elder

Actually DC,

I've set up a group buy where each package gets shipped individually, and actually if you tell the company that, most of them won't have a problem doing that.

The whole Group Buy idea isn't bad...its just hard for everyone to turn their money in by a certain date, so they usually take for ever to complete, but usually there's a large discount when its done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in