FULL EXHAUST - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
TSLMember

FULL EXHAUST

Can anybody please tell me where i can find a complete exhaust for my 96 900 turbo? Im talking 2 1/2 all the way , downpipe with a sport cat through the backbox. My factory downpipe is done and my car is loud as hell. I need the obnoxious noise gone. Please somebody post a reply!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
www.GenuineSaab.com

Sport Exhaust system or JT Exhaust System (3")

I have the JT System (catless) on my 96 900 SET and it sounds nice...not loud but deeper than stock, also provides performance increases.

If you want a system WITH cat, its going to be more than one without.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-27-2004, 08:23 PM   #3
TSLMember

Now what happens when it comes time for you to pass emissions, you slipping the guy a 20 dollar bill or what?? This is why i want a cat.

Old 03-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #4
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Well here in the midwest, we don't have emission checks. So I can get away with not having it.

In your case what most people do is purchase the catless exhaust system from Genuine Saab and buy the cat from another company (you can find a cat online for about $40). Then when you have the system installed, just have them add the cat as well. Tends to save money, and you can pass emissions.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
TSLMember

Ill definetely take that in to consideration. Thanks a lot, you've already been a lot of help!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #6
HNNLIC
Elder

No problem

Old 03-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to JABM
Saabsavior also makes a full turbo to tailpipe 2.5" stainless exhaust for our cars, with cat.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #8
TSLMember

whats the link to saabsavior?
Old 03-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
whats the link to saabsavior?
www.saabsavior.com

I've got his 2.5" cat-back - very nice and throaty, really woke up my turbo, too
Old 03-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #10
TSLMember

ill keep this in mind as well. Thanks !
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 AM   #11
Administrator
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via ICQ to bollman Send a message via AIM to bollman
Even though it doesn´t apply to this car, remeber that if you have a 9-3 with LPT 154hp, the car won´t run at peak performance if you remove the cat. If the second lamda is too high, the Trionic thinks the cat is broken and therefore puts the program in "limp-home" mode, which means looow power
Old 03-29-2004, 11:16 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
and saab savior doesnt have an exhaust for the ng does it??
Old 03-31-2004, 12:25 AM   #13
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to JABM
the do have one for the NG, it's not on the site but I emailed.

turbo to tailpipe, with cat, 2.5" all stainless, I think he quoted me at $1050, but I can't remember for sure
Old 03-31-2004, 08:20 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to CO-Saab
I would also ask Jeff at http://scanwestauto.com/ or Bo at www.Engstrom.net

They will be able to get you a SS system for cheaper than anyone else, at lest when i was looking that was the case. Probably around $1000 turbo to tail pipe
Old 03-31-2004, 08:33 AM   #15
HNNLIC
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO-Saab
I would also ask Jeff at http://scanwestauto.com/ or Bo at www.Engstrom.net

They will be able to get you a SS system for cheaper than anyone else, at lest when i was looking that was the case. Probably around $1000 turbo to tail pipe
Group 9 Performance has a SS system as well, also one for the Viggen for around $1000.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:10 PM   #16
TSLMember

I just purchased the 3" JT system from taliaferro, with a cat, turbo to back box for $850.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:12 AM   #17
Administrator
SAAB Road Master

Info: When you install a 3", you´ll probably need to modify the WG! Test the installtion with disconnectiong the magnetic valve and run a few strips with a good turbo gauge. You´ll see that the pressure rises on high rpms. That needs to addressed, otherwise you can get dangerous knocks, since the ECU can´t compensate enough. My pressure rose from standard 0.4bar to 0.6 which is way too high. I´ll need to modify the WG before going stage 3. Those of you with a B204R (9-3 200hp T5, not the 205 T7) already have this modification and should not see this rise in pressure.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #18
TSLMember

Now first, when you write "WG" you mean wastegate correct? Second, do i need an uprated ecu to run a 3' exhaust?/?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:15 PM   #19
Administrator
SAAB Road Master

Yes WG=wastegate and no, you don´t need to upgrade the ECU. The standard one will adopt to the new enviroment. But, check that the pressure goes haywire, but remeber to disconnect the magnetic valve to test. Testing with full pressure shows nothing.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:04 AM   #20
TSLMember

So what kind of afternarket wastegate can i get for my 96 saab turbo?? It's been very rare that I've seen a saab with an aftermarket wastegate. So if you could help me out I'd appreciate it. I dont want to destroy my saab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in