Turning Off Global Adaption...? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Turning Off Global Adaption...?

A very experienced tuner told me some time ago to turn off Global Adaption(was a member here, but don't want to throw him under the bus). I at first was skeptical, but after innumerable edits, I have come to the conclusion that indeed it may be fighting with spot adaption. So, my question is whether or not spot adaption will occur in the load regions that would otherwise be affected by Global Adaption? I have spot adaption ENABLED, but, to paraphrase the T5 user manual, Global adaption occurs from 60-120kpa and from 2000 to 3000rpm, during which, all of the cells are adapted when the coolant temperature is above 64C
This seems to suggest that pointed adaption is overruled for this specific load site, no?
I also take it that those reference pressures for global adaption are relative, and thus would occur only during vacuum and light boost?
Any help clarifying would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Cm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

To get off topic here slightly a while ago you had issues where you had int_error coming up I was wondering if you ever figured out what that was cause my 9k is doing the same thing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracer52 View Post
To get off topic here slightly a while ago you had issues where you had int_error coming up I was wondering if you ever figured out what that was cause my 9k is doing the same thing.
I remember the problem...vaguely. Maybe search my posts? I don't recall. Might have been a bad flash.
-Cm

Old 12-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracer52 View Post
I think I remember; I had an issue with the purge valve and a CEL. I was kindly informed by a member on ECUproject that a lot of the bins taken from the site are Euro bins, and these cars are equipped with a simple check valve as their purge control system. I also had some issues with grounds for the ECU, which are actually to the engine block and not the chassis ground. Moreover, I'd had my fair share of other problems regarding the DIC and sensors.
Did you do a checksum verification on your bin? Can you live monitor?
-Cm
Old 12-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
anything below 100kpa is vacuum, it also takes an area affect, where it moves groups of cells up, or down by the same amount. it kinda finds an average. for a bunch of cells, this really isn't what you want

Lastly, it always seams to adapt with an emission bias, not a performance one.

are you having hardware issues as well? you will never get a good tune sorted if hardware is screwing up.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm452 View Post
I think I remember; I had an issue with the purge valve and a CEL. I was kindly informed by a member on ECUproject that a lot of the bins taken from the site are Euro bins, and these cars are equipped with a simple check valve as their purge control system. I also had some issues with grounds for the ECU, which are actually to the engine block and not the chassis ground. Moreover, I'd had my fair share of other problems regarding the DIC and sensors.
Did you do a checksum verification on your bin? Can you live monitor?
-Cm
Yea I've looked threw your old post about it and nothing really came up. Now I have relocated my battery to the rear and have 2 chassis 2ga along with adding a ground or 2 up front while making them 4ga I believe but that was 2 years ago so I'm not completely sure on how many I added. I've got the purge valve checked off in the firmware area, and ive replaced all the sensors and tried different ecus with different original bins on them. I can look at it live and my checksum is valid in all of them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
anything below 100kpa is vacuum, it also takes an area affect, where it moves groups of cells up, or down by the same amount. it kinda finds an average. for a bunch of cells, this really isn't what you want

Lastly, it always seams to adapt with an emission bias, not a performance one.

are you having hardware issues as well? you will never get a good tune sorted if hardware is screwing up.
Thanks a lot for the help! I was having some troubles but it turned out to be a failing dic reporting false knock.
As for fox racer; hmmmmm. Did you try to mod for a t7 bpc? If that attempt fails, or you adjust the control frequency incorrectly, I imagine that might occur. If there is an internal error, then this is generally because of some discord between software and hardware...are there any codes? Also, something few consider is that if the work bin is wrong for the carps then the codes read are wrong
Old 12-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
Avid TSL User

Yea I don't use the Saab ecu to control my boost and my ecus do have the mod for t7 bpc. I found it easier to just control it threw it the external gate and I have been for years. Thanks for your help I appreciate it I'll have to really look in my bin files for issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in