Need help boost problem - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
TSLMember

Need help boost problem

Hello everybody so I recently went stage 5 in my auto and had it going a running fine for a week then BAM now I have a fing headache trying to figure this out.

So here's what happened, driving home from work one night and doing a pull around 25 psi on my 19t and pop pop pop is what I hear then I have no boost so I limp to a gas station a few minutes away. Open my hood and see the vaccum line popped of the bov and some how the w hose from the waste gate came loose. So started to drive back home and it would only make around 5psi with a very quite popping noise a few time if I kept trying to make it boost. It's seems like something's clogged or blocked when its trying to build pressure.(It seems like airs not getting through something causing it to put more pressure on something else making it make that faint popping noise). So after a few times of driving like that trying to figure out what was going on it stopped making any boost. This was also after doing the W test and swapping bpc to no avail.

So after the boost stopped I pressure tested the whole system in sections and the whole thing to see what was going on. Found a huge leak by the tb to intake manifold, fixed it with some rvt sealant. Then when after some other leaks. The iac valve was leaking bad could barely get it to make 14psi then would hold no more. Also found my 3 bar map sensor has a slight leak, what could that cause? Fixed this and still had 0 psi of boost... So I had really thought it was the turbo, so sent it out to be inspected and he said it was perfectly fine..

Now got it back on Friday and got everything back together today to start my car pray it was going to work, well it made almost 10 psi but still felt like it was being clogged or something blocked but I have no idea. You can feel it wanting to build more pressure but won't go past like 8 psi and will make that faint popping sound. I tried the w test again no luck stayed the exact same. I don't like trying to make it build more pressure when it stops wanting to make boost I'm scared I'm going to break something else. So I literally am out of idea and need your guys help, I have 2 videos of today of boost gague trying to make boost. If anyone has any input ideas suggestions its ALL welcome thank you!

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps35fef3f0.mp4

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...ps64e05fa7.mp4

If I didn't explain anything right or have anyone confused please let me know and il try to re explain

Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Elder

Make sure the BPC lines are hooked up to the right places. Did you leave anything unplugged by any chance?

Also try resetting the ECU by pulling the negative battery cable for 20 minutes
Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
TSLMember

I'm positive the bpc is hooked up correctly and lines, also have reset the ecu a couple times. It acts the same if I unplug the bpc to get base boost. I was wondering if this could be a fuel related issue? Does anyone agree? What would cause that? I'm planning to do a fuel pressure test as soon as I can find someone with one
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 11-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
TSLMember

what could be something that could keep the car stuck is base boost other than the bpc? its seems like that it could be stuck in bb, but im really not sure. Anyone have any other thoughts?
please anyone!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Elder

How old are your spark plugs, and what kind are they?
Old 11-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Elder

And sometimes the o-ring on the delivery pipe to throttle body likes to split open.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
TSLMember

I replaced that o ring just last week, also the plugs are less than 1000 miles ngk bcpr7es
Old 11-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to BluAero
It sounds as if maybe it could be the 3 bar map sensor. You said you had a slight leak at the map sensor, was it right by the vacuum hose that connects to it or the sensor itself? Also, how did you remedy this issue?

I remember I would have boost issues related to my 3 bar and it turned out to be the electrical connections themselves. 1 out of the 3 leads was slightly loose...tightening that up solved my issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
TSLMember

Yea the 3 bar map sensor was leaking by the nipple for the vaccum line. I figured this out by pressure testing the system and it would pressure but slowly leak out from there. It's a eBay on so I guess it could just be bad. Does anyone know what are symtoms of a bad map sensor? I don't ever really hear of them going bad or atleast the stock ones
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Swap the DIC....mine did the same thing "pop pop pop" then no boost. Fried the DIC. Still ran and no MIL.
YMMV.
_Cm
Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
TSLMember

what is MIL? I have a spare dic that is older than my current one but the last time I tested it worked fine. I plan to mess with some tonight after work. Ive been extremely busy these last few days and have had no time to tinker with it. I will def try this today tho, I thought it wouldnt really have n e thing to do with dic becuase it has nothing to do with the turbo system really right? But if I got a spare why not try it
thanks
Old 11-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
TSLMember

Well played with it some today and couldn't get a fuel pressure gauge so I decided to swap pumps. Let me say first that I bought this walbro pump off some on SC and said it was a real walbro. Anyways the pump gave me issues on day one was dying. Thought it was the way I wired it so I checked it made sure the wires were ok. Had that issue one other time not to long ago n went away.(I installed it about 3 months ago but had it sitting for at 6). N e ways didn't think much of it thought it wasnt related to pump. Then I went to start the car and back out and it died, so I was already irritated and said what if its the pump? Well changed it and as is well for now.... I'm a fool and should thought of this sooner. O well you live n learn. But for anyone who has a issue like this check your fuel pump or do it the right way and get a fuel pressure gauge. Also I'd like to say thank you to anyone who tried to help!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #13
Elder

Congrats, happy boosting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in