Good bye HX35 NG900, hello stock OG9-3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Good bye HX35 NG900, hello stock OG9-3

I recently sold my car to a forum member and picked up a stock, automatic 9-3 sedan my parents had sitting at home. It's definitely been a change of pace but I was at the point where I was babying the NG900 for the sake of good gas mileage. Just wanted someone to have more fun with it than I was.

Out with the old, in the with new. No plans for this car outside of MAYBE a stage 1 or 2 tune but other than that, I'm not in the mood to deal with playing with cars. I may be moving back to Kansas City soon and if that is the case I'll pick up a 'toy' later on down the road once I get student loans taken care of.

It's been fun.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I have found that my cars have gotten better MPGs once tuned. +1 on a mild tune!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Elder

I agree, when I went stage 3 back in the day I saw an instant increase from 27mpg to 30mpg. So far though I'm seeing pretty good numbers just from switching to old-man mode. We'll see though, got too much going on right now to even think about it. In fact, sending my CANUSB to grkguy this week so he can make more use out of it.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden

Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, did you have a kid?
Didn't you put your heart and soul into that car? Couldn't you have just swapped to the OE injectors and unhooked the wastegate until less tumultuous times?
Yes, I too get tired of driving a rolling project sometimes, but I could never imagine down-grading to the same car. I would drive an automatic taurus 'box or even an older Accord as a desperate beater, but having basically the same car in bland form would be torture, for me at least.
Best of luck anyways...
-Cm
Old 11-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm452 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but, did you have a kid?
Didn't you put your heart and soul into that car? Couldn't you have just swapped to the OE injectors and unhooked the wastegate until less tumultuous times?
Yes, I too get tired of driving a rolling project sometimes, but I could never imagine down-grading to the same car. I would drive an automatic taurus 'box or even an older Accord as a desperate beater, but having basically the same car in bland form would be torture, for me at least.
Best of luck anyways...
-Cm
Hehe, no not quite. But for the last year or so my car has stayed pretty stagnant cause there isn't much more I want from its FWD chassis so it was essentially done, not so much that I gave up on anything. Like I said I just don't have the desire to punch it anymore, I've done that plenty. I'd rather someone else take advantage of what's there and so I sold it, pocketed the money and grabbed this 9-3 from home for free.

If and when I move back home now that I'm done with school, that's when I'll upgrade to something with a bit more potential in terms of a car with better aftermarket support and a little bit better handling characteristics. I couldn't get exactly what I want right now and so it's just saving in the meantime.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrang View Post

If and when I move back home now that I'm done with school, that's when I'll upgrade to something with a bit more potential in terms of a car with better aftermarket support and a little bit better handling characteristics. I couldn't get exactly what I want right now and so it's just saving in the meantime.
so you're buying an evo?

Old 11-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
so you're buying an evo?
LOL, I'd love an Evo 8 or 9, actually. But I haven't decided what I'd do. First thing's first: get the job I interviewed for Friday. Wish me luck.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
Elder

good luck. but only if your gonna buy an evo.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
Elder

How's insurance on them? If things go my way and I could find a clean, unmolested yellow one, I'd probably go for it as a semi-fun DD.

One my dealership buddy had a little while back. Let it go for $13.5k.

I was thinking something more along the lines of a Nissan though..

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Elder

my insurance isnt terrible, could be worse considering there was a $9k payout, but i have two cars and renters.

problem is prices are getting jacked way up now for rarity factor...so many have been wrecked.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in