cross flow and lost power - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
gdc
SAAB Road Master

cross flow and lost power

So I put a cross flow IC the saab one , and I have a T25 and I used Platanoff DIY but he has it going to a tdo4 and so the hose is a bit different and I feel like I have 3 turns on the hose that goes to turbo which is one more turn than I had with the old Intercooler , and It feels like sluggish , does anybody know what the hose should look like, I could not get saab hose to fit (Tdo4) to the t25 Id say its about an inch to short and a weird angle, so i cut and made it work but not impressed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #2
TSLMember

You'll want the early Viggen IC hose, think the pn is 4729950
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
The hose isn't from a Viggen, it is from a 99 9-3 HOT. It was a Trionic 5 engine management car with a T25 turbo, combined with a viggen IC.

I sold the only one I had a few months back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations

Old 10-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
gdc
SAAB Road Master

thanks , tweeks , Ill take a look at finding that hose , although I think maybe I should just buy a tdo4 , and say f dat hose. You wouldnt buy any chance have a good td04 that doesnt need a rebuild right away .
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
gdc
SAAB Road Master

thanks Win atleast now I have a better Idea of what that hose looks like , but dam 130 dollars for that , ouch
Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
No, but the 2nd gen 9-5s with the capital T are showing up at alot of the you pull its.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
The hose isn't from a Viggen, it is from a 99 9-3 HOT. It was a Trionic 5 engine management car with a T25 turbo, combined with a viggen IC.

I sold the only one I had a few months back.

OOPS! Yea, I forgot the Viggen used the Misu TD04 not the Garret T25. Still, it's the right part number for the 99 HOT install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdc View Post
thanks Win atleast now I have a better Idea of what that hose looks like , but dam 130 dollars for that , ouch
True, those hoses are not cheap, I've had to buy a couple of them. Have seen a couple bodge jobs of trying to make something else work and rather than follow suit, I opted for the "right" hose on both my '99's when I installed the cross flow IC's on them.

The hose has a real funny pair of bends in it, one near u-turn to bring the turbo output up higher than the outlet of the compressor the other has a pair of kinks in to to get from in front of the a/c compressor, make room for the water pump inlet hose and then into the IC itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in