Saab Link Forums banner

im getting 18s

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  dasaabguy 
#1 ·
so i have a question..
im getting 18x7.5 with a 225/40
the offset of the wheels is 40mm
is that a safe offset for my car? will i get a lot of rubbing?
and 225/40 how do you feel about that size on the 18x7.5??

#8 ·
don't go with 40s.. its pretty low. I'd stick with 45's.. I have a 45 on my rear (no rubbing), and I'll be getting them all around.

#10 ·
is your car lowered? take that into consideration as well... i didnt know how thin my 35's were going to be and i wanted to make sure i had enough room after i get my lowering springs.. now i see i could have gone with a 40 and lowered it fine

#16 · (Edited)
yeah i think 17's are too big for where i usually drive. i stuck to 16's and they look great and ride very comfortably. heres the reason why i upgraded from the stock wheels:

so there ya go. i will stick with 16's
and the pictures dont do it any justice. it was worse than it looks there. tire wouldnt hold air for more than like 400 miles.

Nick

#17 ·
oh i c
but for me even in my 16s i avoid the smallest bumps in the road..
the worst streets i see are in Frisco.. and im hardly there with my ride...
so for me i think ill be fine... i hope ill be fine..
cant get away from evry bump!

#20 ·
iwantaviggen said:
so i have a question..
im getting 18x7.5 with a 225/40
the offset of the wheels is 40mm
is that a safe offset for my car? will i get a lot of rubbing?
and 225/40 how do you feel about that size on the 18x7.5??
I run 7,5*18 with 225/40-18 and offset 42 on my Viggen and it works great. No rubbing at all and the car is lowered with H&R springs.
The correct tiresize is absolutely 225/40-18 !!

Just go for it ;)

#25 ·
iwantaviggen said:
so Jameson just got the wheels i wanted...
any other companies make an 18 with 5x110?
i dont wana have the same wheels...
There is a thread on SC that lists every rim manufacturer with our bolt pattern. Start there. And I hear ya about not wanting to have the same rims, someone here just bought the Tech 5's I have.

I was glad when I put KOnig Holes on my GT I was the only one in the world with them. I know that wont happen with the ASA's :(

#26 ·
You should be alright with the 225x40r18's, i ran those when i had 18x7.5's on my saab. I downgraded to 17 since i got a smokin deal on some bbs rk's and i would have to admit there is a huge difference in ride quality. 17's definately offer a smoother and softer ride. Since the wheels are 17x8 i went with a 215x40r17 in the front 225x40r17 rear and i still get a lil rubbage on dips on the fronts. Take into consideration that my car is lowered too.

Good luck with the wheels man!

You could always get the rims and powdercoat or something to make them different?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.