viggen forged pistons - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
SAABeginner

viggen forged pistons

hey everyone, just joined the forum. i have a 2001 viggen with 135k. i want to put some forge pistons in it. can i just hone the cylinders an put the pistons in or do i need to get it balanced and the necessary machining. my plan is a gt30 top mount an around 400whp. thanks for any input
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
TSLMember

That is exactly what i did as long as the cylinders are round and not scored. I left the block in the car even and just removed the head and oil pan. sealed up the crank and everything below and used a drill hone.

I cracked a piston but did no damage to anything else so i threw a set of stock size JE pistons in. No issues ~7/8000 km later. although im a stock tune with stage 3 planned
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
SAAB Road Master

And if you want a set of wossners hit me up!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Replace your bearings while you're in there and you can easily get 400whp with a 2001 because you can use e85... BrewCityBoost will also have the best tune for you when it gets to that point, we are currently dialing in my car currently...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
forge, pistons, viggen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in