B204L rwd? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
SAABeginner

B204L rwd?

Hey everyone, i was wondering if it was possible for a B204L to bolt up to a rwd tranny? I have a spare one, with a 240sx shell and tranny and was thinking track car. Anyone have a clue?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #2

Yes, it's possible.

Someone has used a B234 in an e30 chassis, using a UK-sourced tranny mounting adapter for a Vectra or something like that....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Yes, it's possible.

Someone has used a B234 in an e30 chassis, using a UK-sourced tranny mounting adapter for a Vectra or something like that....
Hmmmm interesting. It'll either go in a 240 or a civic for a track car build, unsure as of now...

Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
yep, very possible, there is an adapter made to go from a saab b2x4/5 motor to a ford mustang T5 transmission. this bell housing will also work with any upgraded mustang style box (like a tko 600. ect ect)

here is the link to the vendor who sells them, i belive it takes a few weeks to come in, so order early!

Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Ford Gearbox - Bellhousings - Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Ford Gearbox Cable Clutch Bellhousing - RWD Motorsport
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
yep, very possible, there is an adapter made to go from a saab b2x4/5 motor to a ford mustang T5 transmission. this bell housing will also work with any upgraded mustang style box (like a tko 600. ect ect)

here is the link to the vendor who sells them, i belive it takes a few weeks to come in, so order early!

Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Ford Gearbox - Bellhousings - Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Ford Gearbox Cable Clutch Bellhousing - RWD Motorsport
+1....that's exactly the one!

Awesome info....
Old 06-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

haha i was waiting for you to put a picture up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #8

What are you two guys up to ^^

Got a RWD project we should know about Hmm ?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
i may know where one is too, Someday it will find its way into something

Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogan View Post
What are you two guys up to ^^

Got a RWD project we should know about Hmm ?
The Story of those bellhousings making it to the US goes something like this. Back in 05-07 somewhere XR4man "Tsl memeber" wants to cram a saab lump in his merkur "German built sierra for us market". Him & i do some research & find the vaxhaul 90's brit built ecotec engines in the UK share the same pattern as our Saabs, "It was a GM thing" So Xr4man calls the UK and orders the bell up no problem. 2 weeks later, there we are sizing it up. Xr4man goes & starts a new life, New wife, ets & hands the bell off to me because he doesn't have time for the project. I show the bell to Wildsaabman, He immediately slams a Saab motor in a Jeep beating me to the punch. Good Job Wildsaabman. So for the moment my bell is scheduled to go into a saab 95 wagon from the 70's in a year or 2 after the chassis guys get done with the body, Narrowed rear etc.

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 06-06-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #11

Wow... You impress me harvey..

I'm equally impressed with stuff mike D does...

I'd like to live next door to both of you.

Which one of you has a hot wife ? lolz
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #12
SAABeginner

Good stuff! Thanks alot
Old 06-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #13

The aforementioned E30 M3 with the B234

https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...00/24247-3.htm

Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 AM   #14

I like that ^
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
TSLMember

does anyone know if the b204l or 234r would bolt up to a subaru transmission in a subaru body? ive read that the STi trans will drop into literally any subaru from 92-on, and IIRC Per elkund used a subaru awd trans on his pikes peak rally car. any feedback on this?

oh and that beamer looks filthy

Last edited by MATTYOBUCKLES; 06-12-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: bmw
Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #16
Avid TSL User

These types of conversions arent as uncommon as you'd think once you start looking:

Saab Turbo engine convert - RX8Club.com

Thats in a rx-8 obviously. I just saw a c4 corvette for sale with no engine or trans and was thinking it might be a cool project since I have so many spare Saab parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
Elder

Subscribed...

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #18

GUY FROM UK BITCHEN!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
thats badass. at least it has a better DD motor in it
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTYOBUCKLES View Post
does anyone know if the b204l or 234r would bolt up to a subaru transmission in a subaru body? ive read that the STi trans will drop into literally any subaru from 92-on, and IIRC Per elkund used a subaru awd trans on his pikes peak rally car. any feedback on this?
Not sure how related/bolt-on the gearbox in the Pikes Peak Viggen was to a Subaru but it was a 6 speed Prodrive (dogbox? with programmable active differentials). Prodrive is known for the Subie WRC cars but not exclusive to

Quote:
Originally Posted by john85020 View Post
These types of conversions arent as uncommon as you'd think once you start looking:

Saab Turbo engine convert - RX8Club.com
Cool, never saw that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
The aforementioned E30 M3 with the B234

https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...00/24247-3.htm

Gearbox is a Getrag I believe and there's a CAD file floating around for an adapter plate right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
The Story of those bellhousings making it to the US goes something like this. Back in 05-07 somewhere XR4man "Tsl memeber" wants to cram a saab lump in his merkur "German built sierra for us market". Him & i do some research & find the vaxhaul 90's brit built ecotec engines in the UK share the same pattern as our Saabs, "It was a GM thing" So Xr4man calls the UK and orders the bell up no problem. 2 weeks later, there we are sizing it up. Xr4man goes & starts a new life, New wife, ets & hands the bell off to me because he doesn't have time for the project. I show the bell to Wildsaabman, He immediately slams a Saab motor in a Jeep beating me to the punch. Good Job Wildsaabman. So for the moment my bell is scheduled to go into a saab 95 wagon from the 70's in a year or 2 after the chassis guys get done with the body, Narrowed rear etc.
Cool story. The Merkur/Sierra is an excellent chassis option. Still sorry for letting my Xr4ti go. Had the same thought of wanting to swap in a b2x4 to get rid of the 8v Lima or possibly in a 242 ovlov.

Here's another:
Caterham

There are also a few c900's with the drivetrains transplanted into the hatch.

I have an idea for an Saab powered MR setup in a non-Saab chassis but don't know if or when that will ever materialize.

Last edited by [email protected]@; 06-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in