I need a cad drawing of a b2x4 engine bellhousing - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
TSLMember

I need a cad drawing of a b2x4 engine bellhousing

well, pretty much what the title says, i will buy it from you if its accurate and correct.

Callen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

To be done correctly, someone would have to get the physical draft of the housing, in other words, the factory blue-print, or, they'd have to go get a free box and take many, many, very precise measurements. Major PITA. I have the software and could do it for you in a a couple of weeks if you can wait. I'd need the measurements--at least the bolt-hole sizes and spacing and depth and some exterior stuff, also distance from input shaft to bolt holes. The reason for all of this is that it needs to be constrained.
-Cm
Old 04-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
TSLMember

where are you located?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Boston. I'd honestly look elsewhere if you need it badly. My incentive for doing it is purely a heuristic one, as I've gotten foggy with solidworks since I passed the test for it...
In other words, I'd do it for shits and giggles just to see if I could and as a cool project, and not for hire. Money makes people pissy.
-Cm
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm452 View Post
... Money makes people pissy.
-Cm
New Sig right there...
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
TSLMember

well, i can send you a toyota bellhousing, and i can gut a saab tranny. shipping would suck though.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluice Box Hero View Post
well, pretty much what the title says, i will buy it from you if its accurate and correct.

Callen
What's your budget for this project?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'91 9000T, 5MT, Tally Red (No-Start Project)
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black
'04 9-5 Wagon, Auto, Nocturne Blue
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Elder

Go on saabnet and look for DickT. Dick Thodal. His son did a Lemons car with a B234 in an RX7. He built an adapter plate and may have this. Email him through saabnet.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #9
Elder

Rather than take a million measurement by hand, the easire way to reverse engineer something in 2013 would be to find someone who has access to one of these: Measuring arm FaroArm - Innovative portable measurement solution

Related, I'm working on a project to bolt a Tremec TR-6060 to a B235R.

The research I've done so far indicates that the Solstice/Sky/Ion and Colorado seem to use what's called an MA5 housing which *might* bolt straight to a B2x5. Do the B2x5 and B2x4 share the same pattern? I'm under the impression that they do but I don't know that for a fact either.

It looks like you're trying to get to a unit in a Toyota, what about just using an Ion/Colorado trans? They're cheap. Don't know how much they'll hold though..

I have access to an arm btw but you're not very close to me.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 04-06-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #10

Are you trying to put a saab engine in a RWD car? Have you checked these guys out? Little expensive but all the hard work is done already.

Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Borg Warner T5 - Bellhousings - Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Borg Warner T5 Bellhousing - RWD Motorsport
Old 04-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995BlueBeast View Post
Are you trying to put a saab engine in a RWD car? Have you checked these guys out? Little expensive but all the hard work is done already.

Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Borg Warner T5 - Bellhousings - Vauxhall 2.0XE Engine to Borg Warner T5 Bellhousing - RWD Motorsport
Don't know about the OP but I am doing a RWD setup, thanks for the link! I was planning for a Tremec T56 Magnum or TR-6060 with a hydraulic clutch, but a beefed-up T5 might do it, hmm..
Old 04-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
Don't know about the OP but I am doing a RWD setup, thanks for the link! I was planning for a Tremec T56 Magnum or TR-6060 with a hydraulic clutch, but a beefed-up T5 might do it, hmm..
The t56 magnum and tr6060 seem a bit overkill of a transmission to use on a Saab motor. A regular t56 is good for between 400-500whp

A stock t5 is even good for up to about 300hp. What are you planning?

Also, I've looked at a bellhousing for a solstice trans, it doesn't even look close to a b2x4/5 bolt pattern, yes they are the same pattern.

Last edited by turbojohnny; 04-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
Elder

Nah, regular T56's are rated for less than that. Not saying that guys don't run that much through them, but I'm planning to abuse this transmission, and the TR-6060 is a world class transmisison that's better. Going the Magnum route would be a compromise.

I'm building a daily driver pump gas 450-500whp, 7200+ RPM, 35+ highway mpg, in a 1993 FD RX7; everything's going to work. No one makes the car that I want to drive so I'm going to build it myself. I'm tired of screwing around with the rotary and having the car sit in the garage.

There are mounting kits for FD's to bolt a Tremec straight in; I just have to figure out the engine side.

If you're interested in getting involved/helping let me know. I'll purchase the stuff and we can share rights to any designs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
The t56 magnum and tr6060 seem a bit overkill of a transmission to use on a Saab motor. A regular t56 is good for between 400-500whp

A stock t5 is even good for up to about 300hp. What are you planning?

Also, I've looked at a bellhousing for a solstice trans, it doesn't even look close to a b2x4/5 bolt pattern, yes they are the same pattern.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 04-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
They make T5 transmissions which should handle the power you want to put through them. The below link shows a setup for a miata Mike D wanted to do which should help with your work.

Saab b234 - MX-5 Miata Forum
Old 04-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
The T5 is a great transmission. There are TONS of Mustang guys putting a lot of power through stock boxes. The T5/T45 used in those cars is a pretty stout box. I had a '04 Mach 1 with 310hp (stock) with a T45... Great transmission, took the abuse and kept on going without issue or mishaps.
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #16
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Much faster this way, Call gearboxman in UK, "RWD Motorsports" I got the first one in the USA but "Wildsaabman" was the first one to get it in a vehicle "Jeep" The ford SVO 4cyl clutch plate for turbo aplications matches the T5 trans & fits the saab flywheel & pressure plate.

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 04-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #17
Elder

Price on said bellhousing from gearboxman? That's a beautiful thing right there.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #18
Elder

On the T5, is there a 6 speed version? Besides strength, easy shifting, short throws, etc.., other motivators for a TR-6060 are the nice gear ratios to make a medium/large turbo drivable and fast but still have a nice long overdrive gear for cruising.

I'm building a car that I'll be driving 90 miles a day 5 days a week and I'm serious about the 35+ mpg. FD's are light and fairly slippery, with enough gear, 35 mpg cruise should be no problem at all.

I also want to flat shift it at the track and not have to wait for any spool between shifts.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #19
Elder

Well. Maybe it was devine, but I checked ebay during lunch today and found this: 2007 2012 Shelby Mustang GT500 Transmission TR6060 Six Speed Twin Disc Clutch | eBay

I'll drill it out so that it will fit with a little help from an a-dapter kit; I think I can make it work. So I bought it lol

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 04-08-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #20
TSLMember

im building an Ultra4 car. its going to be a B2x4 to a ford C4 to an Atlas transfercase in a rear engine buggy.

ive determined a way to make my adapter using some machined pucks and transfer punches.

the ecotec engine in the solstice, colorado, ion etc are no where near correct for a B2x4/b2x5 engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in