since im rebuilding my front end suspension - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

since im rebuilding my front end suspension

i believe that i might as well go all out and use poly bushings. i know I'm being lazy buy how much estimated would it cost to do this?.

just looking for peoples thoughts that have done this already

any input/info would be appreciated
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
how much would it cost to have done or to do yourself?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

to do myself

Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

if you make your own bushings with tools you own it will be alot cheaper than buying them.

but they make aftermarket bushes too. i would say if you already have tools and a press buy a cheap lca and press your own.

or gs sells the lca's with poly and upgraded bolts for $400+ then you need tie rod bushes and steering rack bush. plus any other bushes they make now

you could spend thousands re doing the suspension if you dont want to over look anything. esp if you trying to get performance.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
I posted recently that I found a GREAT seller on ebay that's selling poly bushings from PPS for extremely fair prices.

He has a hanful available now, but I've emailed him, and he's able to get anything in the PPS catalog within a couple weeks.

Might be a good option if you're on a tight budget.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #6

Putting the bushings in is a royal PITA. Find someone with a hydraulic press and pay them to do it.

If I had it to do all over again, that's what I'd do. Cutting out the metal sleeve sucked balls.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

ic
Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Putting the bushings in is a royal PITA. Find someone with a hydraulic press and pay them to do it.

If I had it to do all over again, that's what I'd do. Cutting out the metal sleeve sucked balls.
The Gen Saab ones are 2 piece so you don't need them pressed in. You just new to have the old ones pressed out.

I'm pretty sure eeuro is starting to sell poly bushings for our cars. Thought I read that in an email.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
If EEuro is selling poly bushings, I'm certain they'll be the same PPS that the seller turbo) has on Ebay. They'll likely be twice the price, though.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96nt View Post
If EEuro is selling poly bushings, I'm certain they'll be the same PPS that the seller turbo) has on Ebay. They'll likely be twice the price, though.
Saab Control Arm Urethane Bushing Kit | Proparts Sweden 61340110PU | Free Shipping

Here is one of the Control Arm bushings for $21.45, they are the same PPS ones. Not sure what what they go for on eBay but they can't be all that much cheaper. Just simply putting another option out there.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks9-3 View Post
Saab Control Arm Urethane Bushing Kit | Proparts Sweden 61340110PU | Free Shipping

Here is one of the Control Arm bushings for $21.45, they are the same PPS ones. Not sure what what they go for on eBay but they can't be all that much cheaper. Just simply putting another option out there.
those are the inners?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily View Post
those are the inners?
Na, they are the outter ones between the stanchion arm and where it connects to the control arm.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #13

Quote:
The Gen Saab ones are 2 piece so you don't need them pressed in. You just new to have the old ones pressed out.

I'm pretty sure eeuro is starting to sell poly bushings for our cars. Thought I read that in an email.
Yep....taking out the bushings was the part that sucked ass.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #14

I'm pretty much replacing my front and rear suspension. Grabbed new control arms/balljoints along with poly kit from GS. They didn't make all the bushings I needed at PPS/eBay and the Powerflex sells them individually. GS ended being a pretty good deal for the package, $108. Looks like the polys from eEuro are temporarily unavailable. I'll be pushing/cutting the new bushings out and replacing with polys very soon. I've decided that I'll just do it myself instead of finding a press. I kinda live in the middle of no where.
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
Elder

When I did mine, I bought new control arms through GenSaab for the genuine part. Not a knock off and they pressed out the bushings for me.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #16

Quote:
When I did mine, I bought new control arms through GenSaab for the genuine part. Not a knock off and they pressed out the bushings for me.
Believe they have Scantech's now.
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

Old 04-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallythesaab View Post
Believe they have Scantech's now.
That's a bummer. I got mine a while ago.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #18
gdc
SAAB Road Master

cut the sleeve with a hack saw a new blade is nice but not necessary. the first one took me 20 minutes after i used a gear puller to separate the rubber part , the second one even faster. the GS package at 108 it is fairly cheap and easy and made the car surprisingly a lot tighter than before.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
Avid TSL User

well i have a set of new control arms already, and i'm doing the outer/inner/swaybar mount & endlink bushings, and its gunna be scary cutting into the stock bushings to accomadate for the poly bushings o_O. shoulda woulda coulda with the GS stuff but i wanna do it myself. i also ordered a set of vogtland springs from GS that will be here tomorrrow but once i bought them i figured that i would might as well replace the bearing plates and struts. i cant afford koni stuff right away im on a budget, (fixing up a house) whats a good sportish strut assembly i can use? (i work for advance auto parts) and i sell alot of monroe stuff but has anyone had any experence with it? (results vs stock)
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily View Post
well i have a set of new control arms already, and i'm doing the outer/inner/swaybar mount & endlink bushings, and its gunna be scary cutting into the stock bushings to accomadate for the poly bushings o_O. shoulda woulda coulda with the GS stuff but i wanna do it myself. i also ordered a set of vogtland springs from GS that will be here tomorrrow but once i bought them i figured that i would might as well replace the bearing plates and struts. i cant afford koni stuff right away im on a budget, (fixing up a house) whats a good sportish strut assembly i can use? (i work for advance auto parts) and i sell alot of monroe stuff but has anyone had any experence with it? (results vs stock)
I'll have some used ones off my Viggen soon. Not sure what brand until I get them off. Still in good shape, just decided to upgrade to Koni/Eibach setup.
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in