My new ride... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

My new ride...

Thought you guys might want to see the replacement for the 900. I detuned the old newgen about 100HP and gave it to my oldest daughter for her first car.

I pretty much suck with uploading images but here's a shot of the E55 AMG that now shares the garage with the newgen.

Haven't joined the MB forums yet, kinda miss you guys.

-David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5296-2.jpg (148.1 KB, 118 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #2

that's pretty baller, as the kids say...

Nice!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
Very cool. Pulley, exhaust and tune = stupid amounts of torque and whp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Nice! I'll take one in wagon form please!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nice whip! You'll miss the ng I bet...
Enjoy!
-Cm
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #6
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Sweeet! My wife had an e55. Looks like the previous owner did some work on it. If it's not already done, buy a kit which upgrades the water to air ic and pump. Very inexpensive, easy to do as the stock system sucks! Make sure it is lowered properly, some kits are half assed on these cars, but some spend the money to do it right. You will know what i mean when you start looking into it. Most of all, enjoy it. I loved driving that car, even though she wouldn't let me. Super comfy and can eat most cars on the street. One other thing, do your homework if you decide to tune it. Buy a kit where one can put it up on a dyno and the tuner can remote in and tune it from wherever he is. Don't get a mailbox tune with these cars.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
that's pretty baller, as the kids say...

Nice!
Thanks, Mike!

I appreciate the "props". (As the kids say!)

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafal View Post
Very cool. Pulley, exhaust and tune = stupid amounts of torque and whp.
Yep, the car already has mild intake and exhaust mods but more is definitely on the way! I'm certain that no one is surprised to hear THAT!

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
Nice! I'll take one in wagon form please!
Just the fact that these are available in wagon form makes it special to me.

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm452 View Post
Nice whip! You'll miss the ng I bet...
Enjoy!
-Cm
Thankfully, the NG is right next to it in the garage so it's available when I need a fix.

As a matter of fact, we just had Konis installed on the newgen today!

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
Elder

Heheh, well look at that, nice car! You suck

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 03-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Sweeet! My wife had an e55. Looks like the previous owner did some work on it. If it's not already done, buy a kit which upgrades the water to air ic and pump. Very inexpensive, easy to do as the stock system sucks! Make sure it is lowered properly, some kits are half assed on these cars, but some spend the money to do it right. You will know what i mean when you start looking into it. Most of all, enjoy it. I loved driving that car, even though she wouldn't let me. Super comfy and can eat most cars on the street. One other thing, do your homework if you decide to tune it. Buy a kit where one can put it up on a dyno and the tuner can remote in and tune it from wherever he is. Don't get a mailbox tune with these cars.
Yeah, the PO did some work and I have added to it a bit. It has the Johnson pump upgrade, secondary cat delete, 3" piping at rear exhaust and some filters. It's lowered on links but I've had the alignment checked and everything is in spec.

Eventually, I'm headed for a Weistec S/C upgrade so I'll probably hold all of the bolt-ons off despite my significant desire to add HP NOW! The Weistec should squarely take me over the 700HP mark and into the 10's around 130MPH. That's my idea of a great grocery getter.

My wife is pretty fond of this car too. I told her no problem, I'll just buy an SL65 AMG and you can have it.

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
Elder

Man, those are nice cars. I'd flirted with the earlier generation E55 (2001-200something) and even as n/a V8 they are pretty nasty little family trucksters. The supercharged V8 is downright awesome.

Being a simplistic fahker, I've always been scared by technology, and the hefty price tag of some razoo modulator shitting the bed in a car that wasn't under warranty, and that scared me on the newer E55. Keep us posted........those cars are the tits.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
Heheh, well look at that, nice car! You suck
Thanks, Drew. Could you work up some "open" software for me real quick?

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VI009DZ View Post
Man, those are nice cars. I'd flirted with the earlier generation E55 (2001-200something) and even as n/a V8 they are pretty nasty little family trucksters. The supercharged V8 is downright awesome.

Being a simplistic fahker, I've always been scared by technology, and the hefty price tag of some razoo modulator shitting the bed in a car that wasn't under warranty, and that scared me on the newer E55. Keep us posted........those cars are the tits.
My butt puckers a little at the complexity too. My NG was so simple. Made me feel safe. Hoping for the best!

Thanks for the props man.

-David
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Tallahassee View Post
Thanks, Drew. Could you work up some "open" software for me real quick?

-David
Possibly. I'd need your car for 2 or 3 years though, I'll PM you my new address lol
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
gdc
SAAB Road Master

sweet car but now you are just another jerk in merc , just kidding
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Tallahassee View Post
Just the fact that these are available in wagon form makes it special to me.

-David
Nothing wrong with a wagon!! NICE wheels man!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
Avid TSL User

E55k...Sweet I'd love a w211 AMG

I had the w210 E55 AMG before coming back to Saab, loved it to bits but it cost a small fortune to run
I thought my 210 was quick until I had a play against a 211!!! They're in a different league!

Here's mine:

It had a fair bit done to it by the previous owner and was 381bhp & 429ft/lbs. just needed a pulley kit and headers then would have got over 400 no problem. I even priced up a Kleeman SC kit.....7k!

Lost my job so had to sell up and bough the 9k instead.

Stage 1 9-3 vert...alive....& too
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
slow
Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
Elder

^^ why did it cost a small fortune to run?

I'd long though about buying one of these, and had thought they were fairly reliable and economcal? Correct......or am I way off? Historical data from an owner would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in