Question - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Question

So I tied In my turbo gauge today and I think that it drawing to much Juice. I have my wideband and turbo tied in to the dimmer switch. Like every one said to do. The gauge keeps on resetting so that's why I think that's its drawing alot of power an cutting out some times.

Also what's a realistic turbo psi should i be getting on a w.o.t.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Elder

anything between 5 to 25 psi. Without even knowing what car you have let alone what modifications if any no one can tell you. Also what kind of boost gauge do you have?

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Elder

what he ^ said.

and what do you mean resetting? is yours a digital guage with an electronic sender? if so the reset's could just be a loose wire somewhere or something like that.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

It's a Viggen 3"dp 2.5bsr cat back. Ets ic, stage one. The gauge is aem turbo gauge. I will check the wiring tomarrow. I need to get a new a piller I don't like the way it came out I put them to far apart it looks less like a sleeper.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

whos the stage 1 tune by?

id guess maybe 18 to 20 psi?

but whoever wrote the tune will be able to tell you at least it should be in theory
Old 03-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Question

I thought you moved to a GS stage 3?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
few more details here are needed, is the guage electronic or a manual style?

also, the dimmer circut is not a high amp setup, if this is used for anything besides back-lighting on the gauge, than it will not provide enough juice.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I thought you moved to a GS stage 3?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Not yet getting the car fully ready for the abuse of stage 3,just installed a 6 point.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

I was able to find out what was going on being that its tied in to the dimmer. If the dimmer is not fully up the its not supplying full voltage to the gauge hence cutting out once in a while.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclander View Post
I was able to find out what was going on being that its tied in to the dimmer. If the dimmer is not fully up the its not supplying full voltage to the gauge hence cutting out once in a while.

I'm going to skip both the smart remarks and humor and assume you're not electrically familiar

One side of the dimmer switch has 12v (input). The other side has variable output that dims or brightens the lights on the dash (variable output). If you tap into the 12v input side, you'd be OK. However, that's not a particularly high amp circuit - I would try something that's got a little more spare power for anything but another light bulb.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #11

Ditto to everything said above...

There's a constant power source wire in the main light switch. that's probably a better tapping source....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in