Saab Link Forums banner

Clutch Chatter

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  bogan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

So the past few days I have been driving my car I have notice a ridiculous amount of clutch chatter.

My Clutch Set Up is, GS Stage 2 Clutch Disk, Viggen PP, and Spec Flywheel.

Doing some reading around and I found that most of the time clutch chatter is not caused by the clutch disk or flywheel but because of overly flexible engine or trans mounts, anyone have opinions on this?

My cars got almost 130k miles on it and this has only started to recently happen, so maybe it is my mounts

Thoughts? Thanks Much

#14 ·
The Spec stage "3+" is a full disk with no chatter or noise at all and is the be all and end all of street set ups

The Spec stage "3" is a Puck disk and will also hold a far bit ......... but it makes a shit load of noise and sucks heavily

#11 ·
I got the clutch because it was the one I could get the fastest.

I know I should have some chatter but when all the sudden its happening a insane amount and there is this weird squeaking coming from my car when breaking and going over bumps is making me believe that something else is going on here

#12 ·
I think I remember your thread a few months ago, asking what clutch to use and I think most of us told you to get a standard Viggen set up.

Now you know why.

Your car is way over clutched.

But I also bet that the engine and trans mounts will be shot also. Change them and that may stop a bit of vibration, but your always going to get the noise

#15 · (Edited)
Well I guess I was right for once

Put in upgraded Motor and Tranny mounts and clutch chatter is 99.9% gone
It only makes a tinny noise when the engine is cold, starting from a complete stop

Sometimes things just work out perfectly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.