Tdo4 tweak update/shout out - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Tdo4 tweak update/shout out

I currently have 6000 miles on my new rebuilt b205L T7. The current turbo gt1752 is on its way out. i never balanced it. Other than that the car has always ran very good. no check engine, nothing.

I am now stepping up to the tdo4 15t i got for 150 and 190 with a rebuild kit. I have a 3inch down pipe i bought for a Honda. Going to tweak it and go cat-less. Should have less than 80 in a nice looking down pipe. I plan on contacting bcb about a stage 3 tune this week.
Is there any problem with going cat-less?
Any turbo rebuild things i should know? (plan on marking the wheel to the shaft.) for rebuild.
How would a older clutch stand up to stage 3 ?
what about bung placement? thought id go around the same spots.

Im going to do the washer trick for the hard lines form the gt1752.
I have a new bypass valve which looks kinda cool. =)
Anybody have a set of viggen springs for sale ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABB-story View Post
I currently have 6000 miles on my new rebuilt b205L T7. The current turbo gt1752 is on its way out. i never balanced it. Other than that the car has always ran very good. no check engine, nothing.

I am now stepping up to the tdo4 15t i got for 150 and 190 with a rebuild kit. I have a 3inch down pipe i bought for a Honda. Going to tweak it and go cat-less. Should have less than 80 in a nice looking down pipe. I plan on contacting bcb about a stage 3 tune this week.
Is there any problem with going cat-less?
Any turbo rebuild things i should know? (plan on marking the wheel to the shaft.) for rebuild.
How would a older clutch stand up to stage 3 ?
what about bung placement? thought id go around the same spots.

Im going to do the washer trick for the hard lines form the gt1752.
I have a new bypass valve which looks kinda cool. =)
Anybody have a set of viggen springs for sale ?
Re going catless - you'll blow out your emissions, and gain some throughput, though I don't know if it's enough to make the trade-off. If you're in an emissions strict state like California, it's probably not a good idea.

I have a set of springs for sale from a 2000 Viggen coupe. PM me if you're interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tronbrain; 02-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

You need larger injectors, although your tuner should be able to take care of that.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

I actually just moved out of san diego where the emissions were outrageous.
i had a 99 eclipse spyder awd that was pushing 20 psi. and i always had to go to an underground emissions smog shop sign off.

very interested in the viggen springs.

I used to have a b205r with the injectors and my dad scraped them =/

there prob not to expensive tho.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABB-story View Post
I actually just moved out of san diego where the emissions were outrageous.
i had a 99 eclipse spyder awd that was pushing 20 psi. and i always had to go to an underground emissions smog shop sign off.

very interested in the viggen springs.

I used to have a b205r with the injectors and my dad scraped them =/

there prob not to expensive tho.
Yeah, California emissions are strict. It does make a difference for smog and air quality, there's no doubt of that. But they exempt too many vehicles that they shouldn't, and come down super-hard on vehicles like ours.

There are a few tricks everybody should know when it comes to smog. Basically, your cats need to be in good shape, and nice and warm at the time you get tested. If you've blown a turbo - like me - it will clog your cat with oil, and your emissions will become a problem. Before testing, be sure to drive your vehicle on the freeway a good 20 minutes at speed. That will get your cat hot, which makes it most effective. Cats that are cold don't work well. CEL codes are automatic fails. Never go into a smog check if you've been having CEL problems. Resetting the ECU doesn't work either, as your ECU will tattle on you to the smog check computer!

Last edited by tronbrain; 02-14-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in