03 se vert 2.3 swap questions - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
TSLMember

03 se vert 2.3 swap questions

hello all. Just bought a 03 9-3 se vert. with a blown motor black/tan 5spd low mileage. Since im needing a motor and also plan for mods shortly, i've got a few motor questions/t7 questions. i've read plenty. So i'd like to run my rebuild past the forum making sure i didn't miss anyhting covered in the 2.3 swap threads. having issue's sourcing a b234r locally but plenty of cheap 234i laying in my local pull it yard. Im planning on picking up a block this week to start building. So if i use a b234i block, crank and rods, and go with forged wossner pistons. i'd basically have a 234r bottom correct? after talking to a few people i've seem to find the issue is using the t7 head on this combo due to headgaskets. i'd need to use a t5 gasket correct? what is my gasket option for big turbo setup in the near future? probally going the 3076 route. will a t5 gasket support 450-500 whp?
Thanks Don
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Elder

Where are you located?

The T5 gasket is required on any t5 block. The gasket can handle anything you will throw at it. It is not a weak point.

If by B234i you mean a non turbo 2.3 block (assuming from a ng900, otherwise it would be a 94 9000 na) , I have no idea if a piston/rod swap alone will get you where to need to be, but it just may. I don't know of any other differences, but that may only be because I haven't heard of anyone trying it before.

at 400-500whp you will be breaking all kinds of stuff, and in vert... well let's just say it will be fast. You may want to shoot for 300whp and see how you like it <----- Voice of experience. Don't forget the chassis, suspension and brake upgrades.

Welcome to TSL.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If you're springing for forged pistons, build a b235

Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
b234i will not work.... crank rods and pistons are different than b234R/b234L

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
TSLMember

i'd spoke with one of the guys as GS and he was also under the impression that pistons were the only difference between the 234i(n/a ng900) and 234r(9k aero). i'm located in the swpa. and like i said 235 or 234r r hard to find cheap in this area. or at all. are there any milling differences at all if say putting a 234r or 235 crank and rods in a 205 block?
don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in