walbro fuel pump replacement help - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
TSLMember

walbro fuel pump replacement help

Im going to take on upgrading my fuel pump to the walbro 342 this week and next week but have a few things I need help with. Also after I figure all this out I want to make a good thread on modifiing the house since Im still in the dark on this. Luckily I got a spare fuel pump housing I can use to make the swap and then return my old one after I do this so I wont be rushed on this. First question is what is the correct size hose I need for the pump I know it needs to be submersible, but I can only get standard size hose. So I was wondering is 5/16 the correct size of the hole on the inside the hose not the whole diameter of the hose? I confused on that part. Also what kind of clamps do I need to use on it? Where can I get them? Also as of right now I only have the pump its self, but was wondering if I need the wiring harness or can I use the female adpaters connectors then splice them to my old wires? Or is there a better way for me to do this? Also if anyone has any pictures that will help show me what im asking please post, Ive searched and searched and cant find definate answers to my questions. So if anyone can help me answer these I would be forever greatful, also if anyone has tips on modifiying the house please share. One more thing what did you guys use to cut a hole in the seat? I have some shears but dont know if they are gonna be good enough, so if anyone can help me that would be awsome and I would like to try and give back a good thread on moding the housing because that is what im worried about and cant seem to find any really clear info. I want to find out what pieces I need asap so I can order them and start this project as soon as I can!
Thank you Connor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #2

Cutting the hole: A good solid pair of tin snips/aircraft shears will work. Just enlarge the existing (but useless) access port and cut a rectangular hatch. Every so often reach into the hole to make sure the relays aren't in the way.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Cutting the hole: A good solid pair of tin snips/aircraft shears will work. Just enlarge the existing (but useless) access port and cut a rectangular hatch. Every so often reach into the hole to make sure the relays aren't in the way.
believe me I will be very careful of the wires that will be very bad if I cut that! I just ordered a install kit from ebay for the walbro gss342 and a foot of submersible fuel hose.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If you want to post pics of cutting the whole, feel free lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in