Help with transmission swap please!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
TSLMember

Help with transmission swap please!!

Hey guys. Just took the viggen in for a transmission swap. Now, after the fact, the shifter isn't centered anymore. If anything, it's aligned with first gear? any idea on what could have happened and/or how i can fix it?

Also, i had the radiator replaced along with accessory belt, water pump, idler pulley, and tensioner. After everything was put in (trans and etc.) the car now has no power. It's barely putting along and it barely has any throttle response at all. Whether i floor it or not its the same. The mechanic has no idea why and i was wondering if there was anyone who has any idea what is going on.

Thanks for you help guys.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
Sounds like you went to the wrong mechanic
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

It's hard to find a good mechanic.

You need to properly re-align the shifter
25.03.2005: Saab NG900 Shifter Alignment - photo.platonoff.com

Do you have a check engine light ?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
TSLMember

no check engine light. the car just has like no power... so no idea what could be causing this? maybe a sensor in the wrong place or a screw put in the wrong place or a sensor hooked up wrong?

yea he's not someone who's worked on saabs before... he took good care of my buddys srt4 which is why i went to him in the first place but he cant seem to figure out whats going on here... anyone else?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
TSLMember

thank you for that link btw i shall try that
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
TSLMember

one question related to the linkage... in step 4 it says move the lever to align the hole in th elinkage rod... what lever? does it mean the shifter? what exactly am i trying to align the whole to?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
I haven't done this personally... Yet (I will be doing it this weekend though). I believe that You move the "lever" or shifter to align the hole in the front with another hole that is visible below. This will align the shifter.
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #8

I discussed shifter alignment @ the end of this thread. https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...-3/57262-3.htm
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
TSLMember

nice... thanks harvey... so does anyone have any idea why im not getting any power after all that work was done? i can floor it in first n the car just barely has the power to move... n it doesnt matter if i floor it, or use light throttle it's the same thing... anyone?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
JZW
Elder

Sounds like boost leak, one of the ic clamps is not tight and all the boost just goes out past the clamp. Do a simple W hose test, pull the W hose, the middle hose on the BPC or boost pressure control valve and if it boost fine, then its the bpc or something, if it still does not boost, its most likely a boost leak somewhere,

John
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
TSLMember

thanks john ill have him check that... its funny cuz i can hear the boostand when boost kicks in the car does pull a little more... anyways ill tell him to check... now what is the W hose?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #12

Platonoffs shifter alignment is a great walkthrough, just need a couple small allen keys to keep everything lined up. You don't realize how off your shift is until you go through the process.

As far as power, does it sputter at all? If he replaced the radiator chances are he had to unplug the BPC. Verify that the vac lines are all in the right place. Check the lines/clamps on the cast aluminum pipe that goes from the MAF to the intake side of the turbo. Basically, look at where all the parts are that he replaced, and if it looks like he had to move/take something off, look around for odd connections or unplugged vac lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
TSLMember

Is there any diagram for how the vacuum lines should be? Where is the bpc located? He checked turbo lines they were clamped properly... thanks for the support guys I can't wait to get her back haha
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
TSLMember

^^ anyone?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenftw View Post
^^ anyone?
The BPC is on the passenger side next to the radiator. It has three hoses connected to it and a two pin electrical connector on top with a wire connected. The hoses are labelled (lettered) and one says "W" adn goes to the wastegate. There are two more hoses that run down to the turbo.

Diagram: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ionDiagram.jpg

Photo of BPC: http://www.npr.fi/~heikki/misc/T7_BCV.jpg

Last edited by BobSabbert; 10-02-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
power, problem, response, throttle, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in