Innovate? Me? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Innovate? Me?

I think my wideband is on the way out. I left for work overseas this summer. Car was started and driven 3 miles in my absence and presumably run gently. Over the summer the battery died and I lost all the adaptions. Cool. Returned and jumped it, reloaded the SAME flash and have been driving it a lot. I've noticed that now it does this weird "tugging" on the highway when at the edges of the "vacuum" maps. Meaning, when it is in CC, going downhill let's say, and TPS is low, like 3-10%, and vacuum is high, like 20 InHg, I'll notice on T5 dashboard I get a reading of ~12-15AFR. Target is ~17 and VE maps are ~ bottomed out. It's in Closed loop, with Lambda on transients and general lambda control.Similar thing happened a LONG time ago when I told the ECU to NOT use lambda on transients because I's workin' on 'em .

Fast forward; today it did this shudder/jiggle thing on downhills for 3+ hrs on a long drive (worst yet). When I got home, it had developed hiccups @ idle and AFR did NOT stay in it's happy 14.7 place (usually within 10%). Now it swings from 12-16...
Anyway, setup is direct, wideband-to-bung (no spacer) and the LC1 is nestled in plenum area. Feedback AFR states this trouble zone is ~17 afr, not stoich. Lc1 and sensor have suffered 3k of HARD driving.
What is going on? Cooked LC1 sensor? Maybe a leak in W/M? I don't think it the culprit...
Help please,
-Cm

P.S I just read on ecu-project from a newbie that since I have the ECU being fed off a simulated narrowband that 17afr target is not possible in the black closed-loop boxes. It needs to be 14.7 across the whole board wherever those black boxes are, correct? Logic: computer aims for Lambda=1, even if target maps states Lambda >1, comp can only "see" numbers close to L=1?

Last edited by Cm452; 08-26-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Did you recalibrate the sensor? It sounds like somethings off, but it might be worth a shot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Yup...helped a little. As I said above, it happens in the area between engine brake fuel cut and very slight tps. I wonder if the problem is that I tightened the throttle cable and in doing so narrowed the gap between TPS engagement and fuel cut.
It is also accompanied by a BTDC of half its targeted advance, so ~9 as opposed to 20.
'Tis a most curious development,
-Cm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in