Tuned by Mike D! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
TSLMember

Tuned by Mike D!

I took a ride over to visit Mike D last night. I called him up since I wasn't too far from his place and he fit me in for a tune. I am very satisfied with Mike and his work. The car pulls much better now and feels like it should. We took a rip down the highway and noticed it wasn't quite rite so we stopped at the parts store and grabbed a new set of plugs and installed them. Then went for another rip down the highway and it was running much better. He also replaced some of the old vacuum lines for me. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I'd recommend him!

Thanks again Mike I was smiling the whole way on my 1:30 minute ride home!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Elder

mikes a good guy.

hes the one that did the tune on my old talladega (miss that car a lot)

ill be having him tune my aero once our schedules work out (im waaay too busy lately)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Happy it all worked out,, Always good to meet people who belong to the saab/triumph owners club.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If this is the guy with 9-3SE w/3" exhaust that I met, your car sounds very good and looked like it was moving pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

What bike do you ride?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Happy it all worked out,, Always good to meet people who belong to the saab/triumph owners club.
Its funny you mention that I met a guy at the gas station the other day on a triumph and got talking with him and it turned out he had previously owned an ng900 he had done tuning on.

I think if I get a bike it has to be triumph
Old 08-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Adrenaline406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcat77 View Post
I think if I get a bike it has to be triumph
There's something about the sound of odd cylinders mmmmmmm

Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Visited Mike D this past weekend, had my six year old SQR tune updated by Mike. I think tuning has come a long way in six years...

Car is running much better now, power delivery is much smoother and drive-ability is much improved. The old tune had all of the power coming on very late in the rpm curve. Mike definitely knows his Saabs and the software. He even followed up today with a call to make sure I was satisfied.

Also he replaced my intake pipe, for some reason my car had the TD-04 turbo but did not have the larger pipe.

I would highly recommend Mike for anyone looking for a tune or who has an older tune, you may want Mike to take a look and see if he can improve it.

Last edited by mickeym; 09-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
Elder

just a side note guys, while this is a great place to review mikeD and his awesome tunes you may want to also hit up the reviews button on his profile icon or on his saablink profile. that way anyone looking him up will know how awesome he is and wont have to search for a thread and read through it.

just an idea to add to this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mike d tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in