Viggen Track Day - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Viggen Track Day

took out my car to the NJMP Lightning track this weekend. the car was a blast to drive on the course. Everyone in my group, especially my instructor , were blown away with the car's performance. I was overtaking vipers in the front straights! I couldnt stress enough how many people came up to my car and asked "WTF do you have done to this thing?!" out of the 500+ cars that were there, BMW's Evo's Subaru's etc. i had the only saab, and was well representing

all was going well until the inevitable happened.....

blew the inner cv to pieces. sucked cause i was 2 hours away from home and have no AAA. luckily i made friends with the owner of bulldog motorsports(20 minutes from my house) and got a ride home in a pimp ass trailer.

overall i couldnt have asked for a better experience. i got to race my car on a professional track and test its limits (literally). made a bunch of new friends and contacts, improved my driving skills and best of all got alot of respect for building the most original car most people have seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Dude!!! That's sick.

How did it do in the bends with the LSD and suspension mods?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Nice pics!

I spy an M Coupe in the pics.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Nice pics!

I spy an M Coupe in the pics.
Pretty easy for you to spot a penis shaped vehicle?

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
WSW
Elder

Bad ass minus the inner cv

Vig looks great as usual
Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Dude!!! That's sick.

How did it do in the bends with the LSD and suspension mods?
the handling is great! it sticks very well in the corners, but coming out is another story. the boost comes on so quick that it makes it challenging to keep it in the line the instructor recommends. Its fukin awesome though but if i were to do competition i think i would have to detune it some.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Elder

did you get out with NASA? i couldnt get off work or i would have been running GTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwJet View Post
the handling is great!
ask for a ride in a non-saab next time...youll change your view on that

also...welcome to the slippery sloap

Last edited by saabkid37; 08-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
OMG right lololololololol :th_SmlyROF L::th_SmlyR OFL:

Hey yllwjet, do you have a girlfriend? If so, it appears you have somehow come up with a race car AND a girlfriend. A feat no evo driver can attain!

Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Pretty easy for you to spot a penis shaped vehicle?
Yes, I always cruise for car-cock.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
OMG right lololololololol :th_SmlyROF L::th_SmlyR OFL:

Hey yllwjet, do you have a girlfriend? If so, it appears you have somehow come up with a race car AND a girlfriend. A feat no evo driver can attain!
why yes I do saabeh thank u sir haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Yes, I always cruise for car-cock.
hahaha that made me spill my drink

Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
sad but true..... one of the last schools I did in my at that time almost bone stock viggen (rear ARB & VRK with 2pt brace only mods) a instructor told me I technically have the worst handling car out on the track today. Tall & narrow FWD car..... he then stated quite a few times how pissed he would be if he was driving the porsche or bmw that had to let me by..... I was able to beat some vipers with my car being stock.... however I have also been beaten by showroom stock civics and miata's

Quote:

that's awesome

It's so much fun to do.... I always like to trailer my car for that reason... viggen I was always able to drive home but the SPG was always falling apart on me.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Nice! The vig looks right at home in that trailer lol.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #13

Quote:
did you get out with NASA? i couldnt get off work or i would have been running GTA.

also...welcome to the slippery sloap

I'm sure the evo handles way better but for a fwd car I held my own quite well. almost every car there was an evo, especially in the gta. and I'm sure there is a reason for that, because they handle well. but stepping outside the box and building something totally one off without parts off the shelf is much more rewarding than have a 5 second faster lap time.

I guarantee more ppl were like "u remember that crazy fast Saab at the track" than remember that evo that ran that fast time.... "yea which one"

Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #14

Can't fit a chest freezer in the back of an Evo on Saturday and then race on Sunday.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #15

FWD Mazda beating lap times of four other RWD and AWD vehicles:

Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #16

very interesting!! Mazda did the most overtaking and had the fastest lap time out of all the cars!

rwd in my opinion is still the way to go for competition racing. but fwd cars do do extremely well. just too much stress on the front end with power,steering and braking

Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Looks like a great time Pat and great job at representing Saab so well!! Ill be there in 2 weeks for my first event and i cant wait! Keep up the great work man, and i still need a ride in the beast

Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
Elder

Invest in a cg lock. Best 50 bucks I ever spent.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #19

The Evo understeers because it's a FWD-biased AWD car...On pavement, it will behave like a FWD car until you lose traction, then the benefit of AWD starts to take over -- especially torque-vectoring AWD.

Yllwjet, grab a set of 15mm spacers and pop those on the front, or add 10 to the rear and 20 to the front. That will help the car rotate on braking and seriously quicken the turn in...
Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #20

I have 10mm in the rear but can't fit anything in the front. unless I negative camber the shit outta the front. I used to run 10 in the front and 20 in the rear before lowering it on coilovers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in