Geniune Saab Taliaferro tune - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
Geniune Saab Taliaferro tune

I know there are a lot of tuners... jzw, Mike D nordic, bsr, ect... out there, but has anyone done the taliaferro tune. I'm looking to stage three my newest saab in the stable. It's a 2000 9-3se with 3dp and saabsport. Also, I assume i need a 3.5 for a stage three t7 tune...correct. I'm only use to t5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I believe he just does Nordic unless you go in and get it custom done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I think the "Taliaferro" tune is only for stage 1.

Stages past that are Nordic.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Last time I talked to them the car had to be in the shop for a custom tune, they don't do "remote" custom tuning. Otherwise you would be getting Nordic or BSR stage 1 through n.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #5

This is a Taliaferro stage 1 GenuineSaab.com.

He only does stage 1.

Any other stages will be a Nordic Tune.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
This is what I'm talking about GenuineSaab.com

its t7 and doesn't say what stage. You have to enter your hardware...ect..

Old 06-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
This is what I'm talking about GenuineSaab.com

its t7 and doesn't say what stage. You have to enter your hardware...ect..
Note "Only at Taliaferro Imports workshop. "
Old 06-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
gdc
SAAB Road Master

i have the stage one GS tune , i know thats weak but , its my only beater and internships aint paying me yet, anyway , I noticed the stage one tune decreased gas mileage , slightly and gave it noticeably more punch , i have a couple of other things , done like , GS intake and Saabsport exhaust and a forge valve , the rest is suspension so the stage one tune didnt really change that. I have been completely satisfied with everything they have done , so i see no reason not to trust them on this , and they are nice people too
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
lms

Compared to all the home grown tunes available now, Nordic sucks!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
My guess is that he only sells the lower level tunes done by him because there's not too much that can go wrong with it on stockish hardware. I wouldn't want to be responsible either if someone sent me what hardware they have in an email and then I'm expected to make a tune that will be just right for it. The behavior of a T25/TD04 is predictable enough because they're the stock turbos and they're limited anyway. It really only makes sense to get a full blown tune done in person.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 06-23-2012, 03:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Compared to all the home grown tunes available now, Nordic sucks!
I don't know of anybody the runs a Nordic tune.

Sometimes I wish I lived over there so I could get a "in person tune"

When's JZW coming to OZ ?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #12

go with someone local, who know's all his stuff. Mike D's that dude.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
gm

My Nordic tune does not suck

Saabless for the first time since 1986
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Avid TSL User

My Nordic stage 4 tune has been great. I'm always amazed at how drivable the car has been from -40C to +40C over the past 5+ years! Car has always run smooth, starts easy, totally seamless as if OEM.....just goes like crazy!!! I'm sure other tuners are good but Nordic gives me a bit of peace of mind.

I've got a small issue now which is probably hardware related but Nick's there for support.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Elder

i previously had a Mike D tune on my 1997 Talladega and loved every minute of it.

the new owner of that car probably does too.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Avid TSL User

Wow...making a statement that "Nordic sucks" is pretty bold. Nordic is one of the pioneers of tuning Saabs. If I had done the work to my car years ago that I am doing now, I would have gone with Nordic. They were/are the most reliable and had the most hours logged in with competition such as Maptun.

You can definitely argue that Maptun/Nordic/BSR aren't as cost-effective as home grown tunes from T7 suite with people like Jak Stol, John W, Steven Hayes, Mike D and others doing the programming. But just as I've seen Maptun blow engines as well as custom tuners blowing engines, most of the grenading of engines has been with custom tuning (makes sense as you are pushing every last hp out of the engine).

Prior to the tear apart I'm doing now I was running a Speedparts stage 2 on a B205L with a GT17. HP went from 185 to 232 with only a cold air intake and Saab Sport exhaust. Torque went up to almost 300 lbs. Pretty impressive numbers for an ECU I put in the car almost 10 years ago. I wouldn't say that sucks compared to anything out there now and it was a pure ECU swap with 3 pass ECU adaptation.

BTW, I'm working on the current tune with T7 suite and help from ECUproject.com once my pistons show up from Nick.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #17

Im running a T7 Suite Stg 1 thanks to pimpmypc, and ive been pretty happy with it. He calls it stage 1.5 due to the massive MAF request the tune makes lol its been LOTS of fun.

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #18

The fastest Saab in the U.S is JZW.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I wouldn't call it a massive mReq, but its probably a bit loftier than your typical stage 1.
Also, still need to tweak that torque limit in first. Or you need stickier tires.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Avid TSL User

Robert Uhr had the fastest Saab in the world with a Nordic tune. Not sure if it still stands but it was 9.6 seconds 402M

http://nordictuning.com/img/2010_08_PPF_powermeet_1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in