Anyone have pictures of GS's rear sport mount - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
Anyone have pictures of GS's rear sport mount

I can't find it on their website anymore and I don't remember what it looked like before I put it in. Trying to figure out if it's messed up or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
WSW
Elder

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Elder

anyone have problems with theirs? I think mine is bent at the top plate. It explains why my car bangs so hard when shifting gears. Ill have to get it out when I get back to Ohio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold

Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
did you ever see my thread about this mount?
https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...-9-3/52083.htm

reason probly why you cant find it on the site is cuz GS probly finally realized the mount was of very poor design

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Elder

Nope, never saw it. Hopefully they will do something for me since I only bought it on February 5th this year.
I should have got the race mount to begin with

stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkguy89 View Post
did you ever see my thread about this mount?
https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...-9-3/52083.htm

reason probly why you cant find it on the site is cuz GS probly finally realized the mount was of very poor design
I loved that thread... every minute of it.

From Nick deleting reviews, to jank parts failing, to a lack of response/ignoring loyal customers with problems, etc. hits the nail on the head with most of the times I've dealt with and tried contacting Nick. Unfortunately, he's still pretty much the only one offering custom parts and many of us are stuck buying stuff from him even though we hate the way the business is run. I really wish someone would step up to the plate and knock his business out.

Nothing beat the time when I ordered a Koni kit for my Viggen from him and I received 2 emails saying, "they'll ship out next week..." and then "just a few more days...". Close to 4 months went by, still no Koni kit and no more updates on it's status. I tried canceling my order over email to no avail. I ended up calling him, he answered the phone and I calmly told him I wanted to cancel my order because I was tired of seeing the money floating in my account and he then hung up on me. I'm sorry, but this is not how you run a business; Especially one with such a niche market.

Glad (and sorry) to see I'm not the only one who has suffered with poor customer service from Nick. I too have spent thousands with him and the only people who are more than willing to help out are a couple of his employees.

Last edited by zingZACH; 05-15-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post

From Nick deleting reviews, to jank parts failing, to a lack of response/ignoring loyal customers with problems, etc. hits the nail on the head with most of the times I've dealt with and tried contacting Nick. Unfortunately, he's still pretty much the only one offering custom parts and many of us are stuck buying stuff from him even though we hate the way the business is run. I really wish someone would step up to the plate and knock his business out.

Nothing beat the time when I ordered a Koni kit for my Viggen from him and I received 2 emails saying, "they'll ship out next week..." and then "just a few more days...". Close to 4 months went by, still no Koni kit and no more updates on it's status. I tried canceling my order over email to no avail. I ended up calling him, he answered the phone and I calmly told him I wanted to cancel my order because I was tired of seeing the money floating in my account and he then hung up on me. I'm sorry, but this is not how you run a business; Especially one with such a niche market.

Glad (and sorry) to see I'm not the only one who has suffered with poor customer service from Nick. I too have spent thousands with him and the only people who are more than willing to help out are a couple of his employees.
Don't feel bad Its Not just you After sending them referal customers for almost a decade, GS is nice enough to refuse my questions or even to sell me anything. Thanks Linda

Suggestion, Go back to a stock mount or "If they will sell it to you" Get the "Buzzy" Race mount.

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 05-16-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Should we start a GS bashing thread?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #9
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

wait another one? there have been so many that have been removed

Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #10
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

You guys are seriously complaining about one part that turned out to be a dud? How's it going to be when they completely stop selling parts because Saab people are cheap asses who try to find used downpipes instead of buying his beautiful new one?

I'm not speaking about customer service.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

im gonna let this thread play out for just a lil bit

Many ppl have bought this mount, with a good number of them having had issues with it.
I bet the greater majority that own this mount have the same issue going on with it, but dont know it.

and it hasn't been just one part
we know the reasons why newer members try to buy these parts used

AND we're not complaining bout the parts... it's the customer service

Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #12
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to lowbudgethero
it's better to just get the diesel mount overseas, unless you want the race hard mount
Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkguy89 View Post
AND we're not complaining bout the parts... it's the customer service
This.

A business is nothing if it doesn't have the customer service to back it up.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #14
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Wait, you guys weren't just complaining about the motor mount?

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #15
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
Don't feel bad Its Not just you After sending them referal customers for almost a decade, GS is nice enough to refuse my questions or even to sell me anything. Thanks Linda
I forgot to include my 3 digit security code in the comments box on my last order and called them up to give it to them. Linda answered and was being a total bitch to me. She then proceeded to use her condescending voice and give me an attitude because the shipping address was to Zach and my billing was a different first name... Sorry, I go by my middle name and have since I was born, but legally, my billing address is by my first name. She tells me not to do that as it's confusing, and I simply said, "It shouldn't matter who's name is on the shipping address, as long as the billing matches up and the numbers are good... I've ordered plenty of stuff from you guys this way."

Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #16
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to rarelibra Send a message via Skype™ to rarelibra
Quote:

I've ordered a few things from them - when it came to the projector fog lights, I was naive. They came in, I was excited, then found out that they weren't plug and play, and there would be a noticeable gap from the bumper. I called and said I wanted to return, and noted that this should be annotated on the parts page. Linda gave me grief and said "didn't you read the reviews? It tells you about it in the reviews". I said "yeah? How about telling me about it in the ad for the part". She didn't want to honor a return. I told her, "really? you mean, after I just bought a $500 ETS you want to screw me over another cheaper part?". She somehow changed her mind, then I had to call weeks later to persuade them to credit my card with the return (minus the all-too-popular "restocking fee" that businesses like to do).

Most of the time it is a straightforward order, wait, get the email about the three-number cc code, respond, and then get the part. But if you do need to contact them, the customer service sucks big time.

Saabeh - are you a defender of the GS faith? If GS stops selling parts, someone else will step up to the plate and make money - as long as there is demand, there will be business opportunity. I already look elsewhere (PFS, Eeuro, TSS, JimEllis, SoN, and now RockAuto) to compare prices and notes. Either way, there are plenty of voices to complain about the customer service. Oh, and as for finding cheap used downpipes - not every owner has the budget to fund the new stuff.

Quote:
i don't think a c900 has sold for 28k since the day one left the dealership new.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
User
Elder

^ That reminds me of the time I ordered the race strut mounts which didn't note that they must be used with the race Koni's in the description... Their catalog is vague for many products, expecting people to just know everything prior to ordering, without any information.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Yahoo to rarelibra Send a message via Skype™ to rarelibra
Quote:
^ That reminds me of the time I ordered the race strut mounts which didn't note that they must be used with the race Koni's in the description... Their catalog is vague for many products, expecting people to just know everything prior to ordering, without any information.
Yeah - far be it for me, a naive consumer, to assume that if I am ordering something labeled to be used with my year/make/model that it will fit - unless annotated that it is a custom fit and will leave gaps. Not the look I was going for. Those projector fogs rock, but I wish they were plug and play (vice the wiring).

Heck, the hella horns I installed recently were able to fit on the stock horn mounts with some "help".

At this point, I'll wait until I change the front bumper to Aero and go with these:

Fog Light Kit, Alternative Saab 9-5 Aero & 9-3 Sport

Quote:
i don't think a c900 has sold for 28k since the day one left the dealership new.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #19

I'm usually the Grumpy Gus here, but ...I've bought thousands in parts from GS for three different Saabs, spent time on the phone with Nick talking about different specs and fitment, sent parts back for exchange a couple of times when I ordered the wrong items...

I've never really had an issue with them over most of the past decade...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
TSLMember

^ Same here. I've had no problem at all. Roughly $2k spent.

Tony Jaworski
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in