Viggen dif swap - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Viggen dif swap

Hey im new to saablink but have been reading on the site and others for years. I have a 9-3 with about 350hp and am planning to have about 400-475 within the next year. My question is, is it possible to take a quaife lsd from a f35 and put it into the f25 gear box and get viggen axles. I am questioning my stock axles and wonder if its worth changing to viggen axles or if i should just look to get some made?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Yup, Thats about all I did to my own car. Viggen axle swap etc. This week it has a 99 f25 box with an open viggen diff installed to make a Quasi! f35 box.

Check out this thread.

https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...-9-3/57262.htm

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 01-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks for the info that was a good thread.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Do you think its necessary to switch to the vig dif and axles or will it not be worth it for the money?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead4323 View Post
Do you think its necessary to switch to the vig dif and axles or will it not be worth it for the money?
Is it Totally necessary no. F25 axles are cheap & plentiful. Viggen axles are rare & expensive. But if you are going to make BIG POWER & keep the f25 then Buy a F25 Quaife from nick & install it or have some one install it for you. It will help greatly.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
SAABeginner

ok thanks for all your help
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

If you do plan to fit the larger Viggen Differential and Viggen axles then you will also need a Viggen intermediate shaft and you will also have to modify your front strut/Hub assembly to allow clearance for the bigger Viggen C.V's.

Regards Simon
Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
If you do plan to fit the larger Viggen Differential and Viggen axles then you will also need a Viggen intermediate shaft and you will also have to modify your front strut/Hub assembly to allow clearance for the bigger Viggen C.V's.

Regards Simon
You certainly have more hands on experience than me, but there's only one strut/knuckle assembly for the 9-3 including the Viggen, from '98 to '03.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSabbert View Post
You certainly have more hands on experience than me, but there's only one strut/knuckle assembly for the 9-3 including the Viggen, from '98 to '03.
The strut is the same but the casting on the Viggen items is slightly different, Taken from my project thread.

Heres my standard front 9-3 strut/hub assembly...

Heres my front strut and hub assembly after some light metal work to remove imperfections in the casting...

Heres my front strut and hub assembly fitted with Viggen drivshaft which was bolted in for reference, No clearance issues now and all thats needed is the Viggen ABS sensor brackets and bobs your uncle...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in