T7 Hybrid Head Ready to Rumble - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
JZW
Elder

T7 Hybrid Head Ready to Rumble

I just got back the T7 hybrid head, its a T7 head for high hp and or rpm applications with the stronger t5 valves and the much stiffer racing valve springs and enem 276 cams. This head should be good to 8500rpm, its a nice way to rev the t7 heads just as high as a well prepped t5 head without the worry of the smaller valve stems and weaker valve springs.

Few pics showing the lift of the 276/10.4mm lift,

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t7head.jpg (288.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg t7head-5.jpg (285.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg t7head-7.jpg (224.4 KB, 41 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

sick i , ill be getting my head machined this spring hopefully.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Needs Nimonic Exhaust Valves

Old 12-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #4

nice. 8500rpm you sure its not a honda?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #5

cant wait to get my hands on that your machinist did an awesome job on the head. this new engine/turbo setup is going to be f**kin sic !!
in a way im kinda glad the engine popped cause now it can be rebuilt with even stronger and better materials. just not happy to spend my life savings haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwJet View Post
cant wait to get my hands on that your machinist did an awesome job on the head. this new engine/turbo setup is going to be f**kin sic !!
in a way im kinda glad the engine popped cause now it can be rebuilt with even stronger and better materials. just not happy to spend my life savings haha
If your Going to spin this thing to Crazy RPM's Do you wana Go 2.0?
Remember Viggi? 190Million MPH with a 2.0?

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 12-03-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
hahaha no. i dont think im gonna go past the 7300 rpm rev limit by t7 suite. ive been talking to john about how were gonna set it up and tune it and im looking to peak out at around that rpm range. i want quick spool and peak power than just hold it there to the end of the rpm band

2.0 would be def a bad ass setup but i like the extra torque of the 2.3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
There is no plans to rev it like a 2.0 motor, just wanted to point out the head is capable of much higher rpms with the larger stronger t5 valves and much stiffer valve springs that are good to 13mm lift. This is what many of the race teams do in Sweden to make the head stronger and hold up to high rpm running on the road race circuits. When you plan to spend a lot of time in the 7000+ range, its a good idea to have a head that can withstand the constant high rpm and with this set-up, it should be fine to rev it to 7500rpm all day long.

I have been running my drag car with 2.3 motor to 8k for a few seasons now with no valve float, so I think the head could withstand higher rpms, but that does not mean we have to run it that high just because the head is capable, but its nice to know it could go that high if you had a reason to do so,

John
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwJet View Post
hahaha no. i dont think im gonna go past the 7300 rpm rev limit by t7 suite. ive been talking to john about how were gonna set it up and tune it and im looking to peak out at around that rpm range. i want quick spool and peak power than just hold it there to the end of the rpm band

2.0 would be def a bad ass setup but i like the extra torque of the 2.3
Just an FYI, the rev limit has nothing to do with T7 suite, it does not matter if you tune it by Winols or T7suite or whatever, the hard code rev limit is coded in the t7 bin file. I have gone away from t7 suite and t5 suite and t8 suite now and do my tuning with Winols, much better tuning sw, it just takes a lot longer to learn and efficiently use it. Once you can use Winols, it has many more functions and does not have many of the limitations that the suites have, its by far the best tuning sw out there, just takes a lot more skill and time to learn how to tune with it. Now that I have been tuning Audi and Volkswagen and Saab v6 Me9.6, Winols is becoming more and more useful to me and I have spent many hours perfecting my skills with it. The tuning just gets better and better as I learn more and more,

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damos-maxtorque-airpath.jpg (216.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by JZW; 12-03-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #10

i didnt realize you were using a new software. cant wait to see u in tuning action when u fly out here. maybe ill learn a thing or two in the process

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in