Evo Injectors - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Evo Injectors

So... I have a chance to get a set of Evo 560cc Injectors for a super good price.
But my question, before I pull the trigger on them...
Will they fit on my B204? They plugs are the same as my OEM injectors.
But will they fit with everything else?
Edit/Delete Message
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Elder

will they fit? probably.

can a saab ecu/system run them? doubtful.

evos and most dsm run a resistor pack and low impedance injectors, saabs run high impedance. real quick way to send some electronics up in smoke.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
will they fit? probably.

can a saab ecu/system run them? doubtful.

evos and most dsm run a resistor pack and low impedance injectors, saabs run high impedance. real quick way to send some electronics up in smoke.
So saabs are high impedence? Okay then.
From what I read the 560s are low, so I guess its a no go. Saves me some $$$ I suppose, well at least for now.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Elder

i know for a fact the 560s are low...i drive an evo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
...i drive an evo.
lucky..

Old 11-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo900se View Post
lucky..
meh, it has its moments lol. i had to hold off on parts for it so i could get the viggen sorted

i live in providence, if you even want a ride.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
i know for a fact the 560s are low...i drive an evo.
the 560s are low but how does driving the car tell you?

you can run low impedence on saabs too. it requires a inline resistor simple. alot of info online.

and all evo injectors arnt low. the evo x has high and they are 650cc

remember the clips might be different too.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman View Post
the 560s are low but how does driving the car tell you?
thats a pretty ignorant statement. i own/drive/build/tune my own cars...would make sense i would know what the injectors are wouldnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman View Post
you can run low impedence on saabs too. it requires a inline resistor simple. alot of info online.

and all evo injectors arnt low. the evo x has high and they are 650cc

remember the clips might be different too.
yes if youd like to hack the wiring up then sure, but no reason when there are better/easier options. they are all bosch style injectors, very little chance they wont plug in, the length/height is the possible issue.

also, the x injectors are not 650cc they are almost always listed as a 550cc but will flow 600cc'ish at 43.5psi base pressure

Old 11-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo900se View Post
lucky..
right?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
Elder

There's one single person on my Ignore list.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
Elder

so your saying i can say whatever i want about you and you cant see it???

Old 11-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
Elder

Haha, no that's not what I'm saying. If you keep flipping me off though I suppose I could have two.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
Elder

Lol I know I was kidding

Old 11-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #14
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
meh, it has its moments lol. i had to hold off on parts for it so i could get the viggen sorted

i live in providence, if you even want a ride.
ppsshhh yeah i love those cars haha is it white by any chance? because i was driving around prov last night and i saw a rather minty looking one over near all the clubs...

Old 11-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #15
Elder

Nah, silver 9. I'm home in NY right now.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #16

Quote:
thats a pretty ignorant statement. i own/drive/build/tune my own cars...would make sense i would know what the injectors are wouldnt it?

i was joking. it was how you wrote it made me laugh. i guess you have sand in you va j j

yes if youd like to hack the wiring up then sure, but no reason when there are better/easier options. they are all bosch style injectors, very little chance they wont plug in, the length/height is the possible issue.

the op doest metion if its evo x injectors it could be possible they are high.

also, the x injectors are not 650cc they are almost always listed as a 550cc but will flow 600cc'ish at 43.5psi base pressure
some things are under rated from factory? right...

and i hear that evo x injectors will flow around 640cc at higher fuel pressure and some people claim 680cc but thats pushing it.

http://www.gencoupe.com/2-0t/50564-i...-teaser-2.html

Last edited by pitman; 11-26-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #17
Elder

thats all fine and dandy.

how many saabs have you seen with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? guess what stock saab fuel pressure is, and guess what the available upgrade is?

long story short i apply my knowledge directly to what the application will be. thanks.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #18

Quote:
thats all fine and dandy.

how many saabs have you seen with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? guess what stock saab fuel pressure is, and guess what the available upgrade is?

long story short i apply my knowledge directly to what the application will be. thanks.
you can easily chage fuel pressure. ive seen saabs with 2.8bar,3bar,3.3bar,3.5bar non adjustable but easily swaped and adjustable regs. more people on uksaab use adjustable than here. and saabcentral has some ifo.

and this is pretty much a fmu chages as you drive too NEW Rising Rate Turbo FPR

but once again you kown everything because you drive it

and evo x injectors at 3.5bar is 650cc
Old 11-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #19
Elder

your still making a pretty weak argument here.

the x injectors are 650cc STATIC. you NEVER want to run an injector static if its in anything but a flow machine. you cant just run an injector at whatever fuel pressure you want.

a rising rate regulator is a band aid from the old days.

why are we even having this discussion? the deka 630's are 200 bucks. a set of x injectors will not save you that much money, and be used, and require blind tuning since no one has scaled/used them before. oh and not flow as much as the proven deka's.

btw, im glad you can use google.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #20

Quote:
your still making a pretty weak argument here.

the x injectors are 650cc STATIC. you NEVER want to run an injector static if its in anything but a flow machine. you cant just run an injector at whatever fuel pressure you want.

a rising rate regulator is a band aid from the old days.

you asked i showed you

why are we even having this discussion? the deka 630's are 200 bucks. a set of x injectors will not save you that much money, and be used, and require blind tuning since no one has scaled/used them before. oh and not flow as much as the proven deka's.

btw, im glad you can use google.
i understand you dont want to max out injectors but people do it. a couple guys on genisses fourms push those evox injectors to 120% duty cycle for years. i wouldnt reccomend it. and they are damn close to 630cc FS: SIEMENS DEKA [630cc | 60lbs/hr] - Shift 518 could buy these but their gone. and i guess evox injectors at 4bar is 720cc. plus the fit length to length

blind tuning has to happen our you wouldnt of had those scales for the common ones now. and the evox injector is close to 630cc at diff fuel pressure

if his friend has a set of evox injectors for 50$ vs 630s $200 is a big difference. you can get a tune for the difference. or if you can tune it yourself cheaper

and you apply your knowledge

Last edited by pitman; 11-26-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in