A Short Story: Bcuzracecar sold me some stuff, that later required a refund. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
A Short Story: Bcuzracecar sold me some stuff, that later required a refund.

I recently bought a 3"dp from this posting https://www.saablink.net/forum/items-sale/58139.htm

THis is what arrived: A 3dp that was said to be a stainless genuine saab 3'dp part. Instead he sent a dp that has been hacked off with aluminized/galzanised steel rewelded from the cat piece back. Then the end piece of that was cut off as well with no way to mate the dp back into your exhaust system. I didn't even take picture of the flex mesh that is ripped apart all the way through to the inside or the numerous dents from ground collisons. Why would you do this? This is not a genuine saab dp, but a hacked version of one as well as unusable. I'll be going through paypal and making a claim. Do the right thing and give me back my money for such an obvious understatement of a working gs 3"dp part.
I probably wouldn't even have been as pissed if the piece could actually attach to the car's exhaust system and was useable. Now i even question if it would have fit my automatic as told in a pm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2927.JPG (177.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2926.JPG (235.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2925.JPG (172.3 KB, 117 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soccerrplyr; 11-10-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Elder

I'll let you know if and when the seller does the right thing. I'll retrack my statement(s) so others can do buisness from a person who sells what they say and isn't a scammer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
WSW
Elder

Shady

Old 11-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
Shady
Like the canopy of a 50-foot maple tree...
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I had my doubts about him when I noticed all his posts were in the selling/buying section.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
JZW
Elder

That is pretty crappy thing to do and to charge just under retail, you can try and get your money back or just have the end opened up at a exhaust shop for a slip fit over your center pipe and use a clamp, then wrap it in header wrap and hope for the best, but then again, may not fit the auto,

John
Old 11-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Like the canopy of a 50-foot maple tree...
I'm going to start saying that all the time!

But really though that's messed up hope you get it straightened out
I'll be sticking around here for the MS paint wieners.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
you can try and get your money back or just have the end opened up at a exhaust shop for a slip fit over your center pipe and use a clamp, then wrap it in header wrap and hope for the best
John
fact of the matter is, he shouldnt have to.

bcuzracecar, give him the money back, and get off TSL.

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsaab View Post
and get off TSL.

Oh, that's a certainty at this point.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Oh, that's a certainty at this point.
banhammerdown?

'01 9-3 Vert Stg 2/e85

Quote:
dont make me photoshop a dick in your mouth
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
I'll let you know if and when the seller does the right thing. I'll retrack my statement(s) so others can do buisness from a person who sells what they say and isn't a scammer

Don't bother, he's done.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #12

Wow, What an arsehole.
How could you send anyone that piece of shit.
The KARMA gods will catch up with you.
As they say " what goes around ,comes around"

In the end , It always does !
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #13
Elder

he's written back saying he'll refund my money if i ship it back but i'm hesitant to as he might just keep the part and my money. At least it is a step in the right direction Rob Middleton of 70 Mt Pleasant Rd Newtown, CT 06470 203 426 9545
70 Mount Pleasant Rd, Newtown, CT 06470 - Zillow

Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 AM   #14
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
the fact that he sold that pipe is not the issue...
it's the fact that he misrepresented it with poor pictures and called it a stainless pipe AND sold it just under retail is the fucked up part

i sold an aluminized DP once but i had 3 pics of it and i made sure with the buyer was aware of its rusty condition and the patch job that was made on it and i sold it for $200 shipped (IIRC)

IMO this pipe should have been in that ballpark of a price

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #15
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Could you take a picture of the part you received from the same angle as the picture in his original ad? Kind of... front on?

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #16
lms

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
he's written back saying he'll refund my money if i ship it back but i'm hesitant to as he might just keep the part and my money. At least it is a step in the right direction Rob Middleton of 70 Mt Pleasant Rd Newtown, CT 06470 203 426 9545
70 Mount Pleasant Rd, Newtown, CT 06470 - Zillow
That's what most shit-bags say because they know that you are probably not going to ship that big old box back. Have him send you an RMA and go from there.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #17
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Could you take a picture of the part you received from the same angle as the picture in his original ad? Kind of... front on?
I'd like to see that pic too. So far it sounds like the buyer it butthurt because they overpaid for something they couldn't use (read: bolt on), but got exactly what was pictured.

Looks like it was hacked off with a sawzall because, in their infinite wisdom, the previous owner cut off the GS transition, fabed their own and welded it while blindfolded. Because of the weld job, a power saw would be the only way to remove it from the car. Judging by where the o2 sensor is still attached, the front half is a v1, and the back half is someone cutting and welding to suit a need.

The only crime here could be that Bcuzracecar isn't a metallurgist and doesn't know the difference between stainless and non stainless, so he thought it was a GS not a JT. I vote honest mistake.

Pro Tip: Next time ask for more pictures, that are larger than thumbnail size.

2003 9-3 Vector

Last edited by Vector; 11-08-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #18
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Certainly not my mandrel bends..

I assume you are the one that called this am wanting to buy the back half of a v2..

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
Certainly not my mandrel bends..

I assume you are the one that called this am wanting to buy the back half of a v2..
No I am not

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
I'd like to see that pic too. So far it sounds like the buyer it butthurt because they overpaid for something they couldn't use (read: bolt on), but got exactly what was pictured.

Looks like it was hacked off with a sawzall because, in their infinite wisdom, the previous owner cut off the GS transition, fabed their own and welded it while blindfolded. Because of the weld job, a power saw would be the only way to remove it from the car. Judging by where the o2 sensor is still attached, the front half is a v1, and the back half is someone cutting and welding to suit a need.

Really, you could tell from the pic he posted all that. Pleeesse... If he had sent a working stainless 3" dp then we wouldn't have a problem. I had no problems paying 300 for a used parts that gs sells for 475 new when it's the same part. From what the seller posted and told me via pm, I was under that impression. Either way, he says he'll make it right and we'll see. He's needing in the right direction at least and it's definately more contact about selling parts/fixing problems than Carl has ever given

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in