JT Full 3" Exhaust - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Question JT Full 3" Exhaust

So i was planning on buying the JT Full 3" Exhaust with one muffler from Genuine Saab and i was NOT planning on adding a Cat because green Bay does not have Vehicle inspections. anyway some guys i talked to said it would be bad for my car not to have a Cat because it would mess-up my Oxygen?
So my Question is- Is it bad to have a cat-less exhaust on a T7 9-3 Saab

Quote:
Now the Car Gods @ DOT are gunna come Smack your PE PEE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Just have the second O2 sensor tuned out and you will be fine. Plenty of guys on here should be able to confirm....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
WSW
Elder

You'll be fine

Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesilver93se View Post
So i was planning on buying the JT Full 3" Exhaust with one muffler from Genuine Saab and i was NOT planning on adding a Cat because green Bay does not have Vehicle inspections. anyway some guys i talked to said it would be bad for my car not to have a Cat because it would mess-up my Oxygen?
So my Question is- Is it bad to have a cat-less exhaust on a T7 9-3 Saab
I like to put the rear 02 sensor bung in the pipe anyway, it seems to help some cars, ground it or somthing and on some cars it will still throw a cel if even if you turn it off and there is some other things you can do with tuning to keep it from coming in, same things you have to do when you run no cat. THere is a lot more maps that have to be turned off for a no cat car than just the rear 02 in the firmware. My experience is it will still throw a cel unless you have it tuned for no cat.

Some cars even with cat will throw cel if the rear 02 is not grounded in the pipe, so I like to get a 10 buck 02 bung from Napa and have it welded in the pipe, this almost always works, no cel if the tune is set up right.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in