Texas Mile Saab Video-167MPH - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
JZW
Elder

Texas Mile Saab Video-167MPH

Here is the best 3 runs from my Go-Pro camera, looks like fun, 90F and hot in Texas ! 167 MPH

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

Looks bumpy at the end; other than that, I'm in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-3 Vector
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
Looks like fun.

I am curios what a stock og9-3 does for a standing mile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650

Old 10-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I like your Simpson gloves
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
JZW
Elder

Not me driving
Old 10-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

The first pass, the mirror starts out folded in and eventually vibrates back out again.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBeef View Post
Looks like fun.

I am curios what a stock og9-3 does for a standing mile.
I remember reading somewhere that the ECU backs down the boost @ 143 or something like that. Anyone confirm that? I would think a stock OG9-3 could do 130+ in a SS mile.

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD
Old 10-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
TSLMember

Awesome!

This new location cannot be easy to run, especially for the top tier guys, with all the bumps and transitions and whatnot. The old location seemed a lot nicer in videos.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 AM   #9
SAABeginner

Smile reliving the mile

Thanks to JZW for posting the video. I couldn't get the gopro to down load. It was such a thrill to run at the Texas Mile, to be the first saab to run. The car ran great all weekend. My slowest was 160,missed 5th gear shift. The car was very consitant. In 9 passes i ran 160-167. After every run i check the car with the tech2 i never recorded any misfire & spark knock. Thank you so much for JZW great tun, i could not have run so well if it had not been for that. Thanks for all the great posts
Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #10
SAABeginner

some pics

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg
Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg450 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the ECU backs down the boost @ 143 or something like that. Anyone confirm that? I would think a stock OG9-3 could do 130+ in a SS mile.
That is the speed limiter function, its turned off in a tune from me
Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
Awesome!

This new location cannot be easy to run, especially for the top tier guys, with all the bumps and transitions and whatnot. The old location seemed a lot nicer in videos.
I heard that and Brian said there were quite a few crashes as you hit that transition zone at the end, you can see in the last video, Brian is still on full power and it sounds like he catches air for a second as the rpms change over the bump.

Brian said a Bike went down at 234mph and a kit car, factory 5 car went through at 175mph and ended up on his roof as he lost it going through that transition at the end of the track.

John
Old 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
I heard that and Brian said there were quite a few crashes as you hit that transition zone at the end, you can see in the last video, Brian is still on full power and it sounds like he catches air for a second as the rpms change over the bump.

Brian said a Bike went down at 234mph and a kit car, factory 5 car went through at 175mph and ended up on his roof as he lost it going through that transition at the end of the track.

John
Oh wow, that is no good at all. I didn't really follow the mile last weekend as much as I usually do, so I hadn't heard any of that.

Glad all of your runs went well Brian. And again, congrats and great work Brian, John, and anyone else involved!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
SAABeginner

I knew I recognized that 9-3! Hope all is well Brian, thanks again for the great service, we miss Colorado dearly!

Zach '02 9-3 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemsaab View Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #15

That's pretty dope. Says you live in Boulder? I think maybe come spring i'd like to help organize a Saab owners meet for people in Colorado!
Anniversary interior
Stage 1+ JZW tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in