Need More Power!!!!!!!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Angry Need More Power!!!!!!!!

I recently bought my 2000 9-3 SE (T7) and i want to get more HP the only things i have done to is so far is a K&N cold air intake and Turbosmart Bypass valve. i really don't know anything about the whole stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, ect... and what to buy for that. Are their any other things to buy that would get some more power?
Would love some advice/tips.

Last edited by StoneSilver; 10-04-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #2

exhaust is the best thing to buy under stage 4 then a turbo if you want stage 4+

buy a 3" downpipe from genuine saab with 3" cat and 2.5" or 3" cat back.

contact JZW for tune thats a big gain too or find a local tuner

i think you should be happy at stage 3. which generally is intake, 3" downpipe, exhaust, blow off valve, turn boost up via wastegate arm, and maybe a fuel pressure reg. also t5 cams and a bar&plate fmic would be a nice daily setup not fast but its a big difference over stock
Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 AM   #3
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
this is a general upgrade chart that hold true for most tuners, but not all
(thanks to JZW tuning)

Stage 1 ECU only

Stage 2 ECU, cat back or downpipe

Stage 3 ECU, full 3" exhaust, ETS intercooler (bar and plate intercooler)

Stage 4 Stage 3 and TD04 turbo

Stage 5 Stage 3 and 18T turbo and T5 cams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #4

he already has a td04 if he has a 9-3 se...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Greek Mod
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to grkguy89
Quote:
Originally Posted by byastremski View Post
he already has a td04 if he has a 9-3 se...
not all SE's had a td04

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Current Activity: Moderating
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #6

2000 and later did i believe... haven't seen an se that hasn't... 1999 9-3's had a t25 with the cross flow ic... IIRC
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

before I bit the bullet and went 3" JT on my 9-5 aero, I cleaned up the exhaust (2.5"), went cold air in the fender, 15W40 rotella, and ran a Stromqvist custom tune. Never did an intercooler.

Really the best thing about it was the tune was progressive so that the car wouldn't blow itself up. Don't ask me to explain it, i didn't write it. The tune was safe until I spent the money on the correct shit. It would take a while doing 3rd gear pulls on back roads to "learn" after a flash but it was an immediate noticeable difference.

Haven't seen much SQR talk on here but if you're interested contact Automotion in Billerica, MA. Talk to Paul. They're great people and he can explain what you can do for power on a budget

But the guys are right, get the JT 3" (well pay for it then WAIT for it..... mine took 63 LONG DAYS to arrive!), weld in your cat and extra O2, and get a tune. You'll be happy with it.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #8

I can write you a tune, but first make sure you have pcv #6 on before you up the power.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyPc View Post
I can write you a tune, but first make sure you have pcv #6 on before you up the power.
whats a pcv #6
Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #10

From what I've read on this site, a T7 engine should not be taken above 300 WHP with the stock pistons. Any other opinions or experience out there?

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Elder

its 300bhp is the recommendation, not whp.

crossing over 275whp is a big risk.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA View Post
Haven't seen much SQR talk on here but if you're interested contact Automotion in Billerica, MA. Talk to Paul. They're great people and he can explain what you can do for power on a budget
My guess is you haven't seen much talk of SQR because you haven't been on here long (saablink). People have very mixed opinions on Automotion and SQR. I personally have had excellent service and tunes from them and am happy all around. Not every car is the same and the same tune for the exact same car can have varied results. I suggest getting a tune where the tuner can be present.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #13

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyPc View Post
what is a pcv #6???
Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #14

Lets install the latest PCV fix! - SaabCentral Forums
Old 10-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadenais View Post
My guess is you haven't seen much talk of SQR because you haven't been on here long (saablink). People have very mixed opinions on Automotion and SQR. I personally have had excellent service and tunes from them and am happy all around. Not every car is the same and the same tune for the exact same car can have varied results. I suggest getting a tune where the tuner can be present.
You sir are correct. Forums are let's say..."new" to me. That being said, from the little I know, the search function is terrrrrrrrrible (for the non-savvy).

Anyways, you're right about the tech being present. Flashing can go either way; perfect or shit. I'd rather be present if they're flashing my only ECU, so if anything was off to have it done again. Out of package tunes scare me because I don't own a tech2 to run down the road with for the first couple runs; scratch that.....computers scare me in general.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
SAAB Road Master

You can always drive it down to Milwaukee. I'm always looking for more saabs to tune.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
You can always drive it down to Milwaukee. I'm always looking for more saabs to tune.
ya for sure, i used to do down to Milwaukee monthly but i have not had the opportunity to get down there recently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in