Wanderin what people thought :/) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
TSLMember

Thumbs up Wanderin what people thought :/)

Any comments welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I can tell by the pixels.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I can tell by the pixels.
Yup. Wheels are shopped on there and the sidewalls painted black.

ETA: https://www.saablink.net/forum/829104-post7.htm

Last edited by jk88; 09-19-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Saab Of The Month
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #5

Well regardless of the 'shop, charcoal colored grill / wheels on a 2-door gets the thumbs up from me. Seems to be a good combo on red, works well here too I think. Go for it.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #6

if you dump the chrome trim in the front, then get rid of it in the rear as well... other than that it looks good...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If your going to take a pic, doctor it up, you might as well shop or fix the broken headlight wiper arm.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
TSLMember

Thanks for the comments. Yes, a buddy of mine back in dallas shopped this. He shopped in "HIDs" lowered darkened side marker which mine is currently all clear(stolen off 9-5 in garage). I was just curious how people liked the rims on it. I thought they looked quite like a pair of some Saab rims, just cheaper :P Some Borbet LV5's. I also was kind of curious what people were gonna say to my trunk, which none was added. Just two alpines in some heavy duty boxes.

@LMS; I know right, the damn things are what makes looking at my front end give me the giggles. My grille also is currently red on the back plate, black on the chrome. I sanded the chrome down and all so its good to go, just repaint the black on the back when I can get these rims on my baby.
This is what she look like in the grille:

BTW, is there a way to take the orange/yellow tube "light looking things" out or change their color? just curious

Again, thanks for your posts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
TSLMember

Palmer and JK88. Sorry I didn't post up in the main that I hadn't put the rims on or anything. This was as the topic of the discussion was, a WANDERING what people thought. Try to get a little more behind my mind before cash flying out my pocket. Congrats, you now have seen my other post. This being the first of any decent reply which I greatly appreciate the people seeing past my friend shopping the car.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoxbeck View Post
Palmer and JK88. Sorry I didn't post up in the main that I hadn't put the rims on or anything. This was as the topic of the discussion was, a WANDERING what people thought. Try to get a little more behind my mind before cash flying out my pocket. Congrats, you now have seen my other post. This being the first of any decent reply which I greatly appreciate the people seeing past my friend shopping the car.
i think people are always happy to opine on a photoshop. you just didn't present it that way and we noticed. no big deal.

also, if you are going to yell, it's WONDERING. not WANDERING. unless you want your readership to wander based on past thoughts, which is a different matter all together.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoxbeck View Post

BTW, is there a way to take the orange/yellow tube "light looking things" out or change their color? just curious
Yes... pull the headlights, remove lens clips, carefully separate the lens from the rear, remove headlight levelers. Might not be legal in all countries, idk.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #12

looks good. i havent seen to many silver 2 door ng900s.

also is that black part around the rear wheel well stock?

Last edited by pitman; 09-25-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I saved a pic and am going to help it with my ms paint skilz.

I got rid of you mirror hang tag, the scuff on your bumber, the chrome on your rear bumper so it matches your front, and your 1 effed up headlight wiper. Get some wrenches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 09-21-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
I saved a pic and am going to help it with my ms paint skilz.

I got rid of you mirror hang tag, the scuff on your bumber, the chrome on your rear bumper so it matches your front, and your 1 effed up headlight wiper. Get some wrenches.

When you go back for round two, aslo try and not have your camera car reflecting in yours.
Quote:
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #15

I wandered... now i'm lost.
f*ck you.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
TSLMember

Lol. I plastidip'd my front and rear bumper(where faded) looks brand new and actually sprayed over that back chrome. completely hidden. the front head light wipers are the giggles of the car. sometimes their right, both faced in. sometimes one up other down. sometimes both out haha. But yep cant hide the photoshop other than not mentioning it. sorry

Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
Elder

Tighten down the nuts on the wipers. That is probably why they sometimes work.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in