my td04 upgrade - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

my td04 upgrade

I am putting a 9000 Aero TD04-15G#6 which has been upgraded to an 18T on my 9-3.

I have been doing a lot of searching for the specifics on the swap, running into the possible issues of:
  • wastegate
  • intake inlet
  • crank case vent
  • oil return
  • coolant lines

I am looking for the right wastegate actuator/arm/bracket. I have found plenty of information saying that the wastegate actuator arm needs to be curved, and the wastegate bracket needs to be fabricated or modified. If anyone who has done this swap can share their solutions I would appreciate it.

The intake inlet is a tight fit- is there a specific 90° bend that is a known fit, once the turbo shows up I'll check the bends that I already have- this might not be an issue at all.

I have a couple ideas for the crank case vent, including a 1/2" outlet on the intake for a 1/2" i.d. hose run from the nipple on the crankcase.

The oil return needs to be specific to the TD04.. I have this lined up from eeuro and should not be an issue. Of course the new gasket is included.

I am doing braided stainless steel coolant lines. problem solved. I have heard the 15g has the coolant ports on the top and oil on the bottom, rather than the 15t which are opposite of each other. (or something like that- basically they're different from the 15t) this shouldnt be an issue, just a matter of clocking correctly to make sure the oil drains free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
It'd be too late you now if the work is already done for the CH for the 18t on the new turbo, but you should have found a 9-5 compressor housing then possibly even had it machined back for the King Cobra intake pipe. Or left stock but then you could have used the normal 9-5/viggen cobra pipe for the intake.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
It'd be too late you now if the work is already done for the CH for the 18t on the new turbo, but you should have found a 9-5 compressor housing then possibly even had it machined back for the King Cobra intake pipe. Or left stock but then you could have used the normal 9-5/viggen cobra pipe for the intake.

could have / would have / should have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

im running a 15G from a 9000 aero i just used a cheap ebay 90 i got when i did my ic. you will have to clock the turbo)giant snap ring behind compressor housing, gind or pull the little pin out turn the compressor housing till it lines up.) i dont remember if you have to clock the exhaust side or not. my lines all lined up....with a little bending. remember the gasket for the oil return, i still loose a few drops of oil a day cuz i forgot it. i think i used the turbo stay bar from the T25 or maybe td04...not sure.
i have a catch can soo i dont have to worry about the crankcase vent. for the actuator i only used one bold to hold it to the compressor housing,( turnd the braket out a bit.) ffeeew that made sense to me but i suck at explaining things haha i hope that helps. whyd you go 18t and not 19t? im gonna get flogged for this but..... im running25-30psi on the 15g, for a few months now only problem was missing every so often at high boost, gapped plugs to .35 fixed. good luck.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:11 AM   #5

Wow. Punctuation much?
thanks, im sure the wg setup will be easier with the turbo on hand.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Elder

looked through saabehs thread; he put a 9k aero turbo on his ng900 and posted pictures about clocking the turbo and the waste gate setup

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX III View Post
Wow. Punctuation much?
thanks, im sure the wg setup will be easier with the turbo on hand.
ha ya i have that problem
Old 09-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132417SAAB View Post
looked through saabehs thread; he put a 9k aero turbo on his ng900 and posted pictures about clocking the turbo and the waste gate setup

Awesome. thanks.
I'll be sure to check it out... do you have a link?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
15g, 18t, td04 swap, wastegate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in