Time to BUILD the Viggen - Page 30 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #581
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllwJet View Post
its definitely stiff but not as crazy as you would think. the handling alone is worth doing the upgrade. if your looking to increase handling and steering response you know you have to give up some comfort. i would recommend it for DD if you dont mind having a stiff ride
thanks mate,
how did you order the sellhom arms, directly from the website or distributors.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #582
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
I think he ordered them through JZW. No one has ever mentioned a price. I'm going to say $600... But I have no idea.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #583
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Race me from 0-45? Please? Make me feel better about buying a Subaru and not building a Saab...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #584
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Do you feel better you sold your saab and didn't buy a corvair?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #585
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSwede View Post
Do you feel better you sold your saab and didn't buy a corvair?
Hahaha

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #586
Avid TSL User

Just read through this threat....what a sweet car and what an amazing build!!! Great work. Makes me want to tear into mine.....
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #587
Elder

This thread makes me wish I had kept my Saab instead of buying a Miata

Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #588
Avid TSL User

Quote:
where is this meet? what kinda cars are gonna be there?
Here's a link for more info:
Cars & Croissants 2012 Schedule -- Chatham, NJ - 6speedonline.com Forums
Old 03-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #589
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
I think he ordered them through JZW. No one has ever mentioned a price. I'm going to say $600... But I have no idea.
they were ordered through racestuff.se and cost more than double that with shipping haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Race me from 0-45? Please? Make me feel better about buying a Subaru and not building a Saab...
yea from a dig the car is useless but it sure is fun trying to tame it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatsch View Post
Just read through this threat....what a sweet car and what an amazing build!!! Great work. Makes me want to tear into mine.....
thanks alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig View Post
This thread makes me wish I had kept my Saab instead of buying a Miata
as fun as the car is, i still wish every day it were rwd or awd. it really kills it with the fwd. itd be twice a better and faster car

Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimated View Post
looks pretty cool. ill make it there, just not sure when yet

Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #591

Quote:

as fun as the car is, i still wish every day it were rwd or awd. it really kills it with the fwd. itd be twice a better and faster car
The FWD Chevy Cruzes that repeatedly beat BMW in the 2011 World Touring Car Championships would like a word with you outside...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #592
JZW
Elder

That is what he wants to do as well, put in the twisty road course and have those selholm arms go to work. With good competition tires and a track without a bunch of hair pin turns, it should do fairly well. Will have to see how the power-band turns out.

Going out to Jersey to custom tune it, so I might try and tame it even more in first and second gear, we cannot go below base boost of course, so if it still spins at 12psi, may be a problem, but will see how we can get the best out of it and make it decent down low and a monster up top. The 4.45 should help the lag a good bit and I have no idea how this beast is going to turn out with enem 276 cams, may end up being better suited for straight line monster speed, drag race/ standing mile...

John
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
The FWD Chevy Cruzes that repeatedly beat BMW in the 2011 World Touring Car Championships would like a word with you outside...
hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
That is what he wants to do as well, put in the twisty road course and have those selholm arms go to work. With good competition tires and a track without a bunch of hair pin turns, it should do fairly well. Will have to see how the power-band turns out.

Going out to Jersey to custom tune it, so I might try and tame it even more in first and second gear, we cannot go below base boost of course, so if it still spins at 12psi, may be a problem, but will see how we can get the best out of it and make it decent down low and a monster up top. The 4.45 should help the lag a good bit and I have no idea how this beast is going to turn out with enem 276 cams, may end up being better suited for straight line monster speed, drag race/ standing mile...

John
from just driving it on the road on some twisties it handles like a go kart. and didn't even hook up the sway bar yet. I'm confident it will surprise the shit outta ppl on the road course.

with the custom tune it's gonna be a monster either way. base boost at 12 psi spins the wheels in second but that's too fun to give up if it does better in drag over road course or vice versa I'm still really happy with the way the car has came out so far. just a good all around car is what I'm looking for

Old 03-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #594

Quote:
hahaha

from just driving it on the road on some twisties it handles like a go kart. and didn't even hook up the sway bar yet. I'm confident it will surprise the shit outta ppl on the road course.
wait until you complete mounting the sway bar, THEN talk about surprising/outmaneuvering Porsches
Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #595
TSLMember

Absolutely love what you guys are doing here and can't wait to see it tuned by John! (And I agree that spinning second gear is sort of like ritualistic!!)
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #596
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Quote:
hahaha

with the custom tune it's gonna be a monster either way. base boost at 12 psi spins the wheels in second but that's too fun to give up if it does better in drag over road course or vice versa I'm still really happy with the way the car has came out so far. just a good all around car is what I'm looking for
I'm getting the e36 ready for some track days this year, we should both try and make it to the same one. I'm thinking either NJMP or Poccono to start with. The Glen is a great track but its just a little to serious for me lol My cousin took my for a ride in his race car, the g forces through the climbing S's are insane

Old 03-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
I'm getting the e36 ready for some track days this year, we should both try and make it to the same one. I'm thinking either NJMP or Poccono to start with. The Glen is a great track but its just a little to serious for me lol My cousin took my for a ride in his race car, the g forces through the climbing S's are insane
yea im definitely heading out to njmp for sure. theres alot of nasa races at those tracks and its relatively close so ill be heading there a few times this year. then work my way into more serious tracks once my skills and funds improve

Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #598
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
Quote:
yea im definitely heading out to njmp for sure. theres alot of nasa races at those tracks and its relatively close so ill be heading there a few times this year. then work my way into more serious tracks once my skills and funds improve
ive got a full schedule of HPDE's for the northeast compiled (mainly NASA and EMRA), since im pursuing my TT license in the evo and planning on running real time attack in the fall and TTA next season.

pm me a reminder and ill send you it...be fun to meet up.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
ive got a full schedule of HPDE's for the northeast compiled (mainly NASA and EMRA), since im pursuing my TT license in the evo and planning on running real time attack in the fall and TTA next season.

pm me a reminder and ill send you it...be fun to meet up.
yea we should meet up sometime for a HPDE event this year. ive got the schedule as well

Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #600
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Excuse me while I clean up...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in