injectors "farting" - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

injectors "farting"

so i've got the green giants out, the siemens deka 61lb in. The .64ar exhaust housing on and the .86ar out. new JZW tune and i cross my fingers....and voila! she turns over. however, she's running a little weird.

the vaccuum is steady at around -8 to -10 at idle when it usually was around -20 and she sounds like a cammed V8. we suspect a vaccuum leak of some sort but can't spot it. we start to hear a funny fart-like sound but can't nail it. finally we start squirting brake cleaner around to look and find that the injectors themselves are leaking air! WTF?!
it looks like perhaps the O-rings on the deka's don't sit quite right.

anyone ever run into this problem before? the air leak is wreaking havoc when i'm trying to accelerate and causing mis-fires like crazy. i'm getting the blinky-blink CEL. preblem seems to quell once she's nice and hot, but still not perfect.

anyone know what size O-rings to put on the deka's? i went ahead and ordered a set of stock O-rings from the stealership at a ridiculous $6.90 A PIECE for safe measure. but any help from you guys would be great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I'm no expert, but when frank installed the same injectors, he added some kind of spacer so they would sit right and seat properly. Could it be this, I'm sure others will chime in and have the answer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
Elder

I believe GS sells spacers for your specific problem, check that out since they may fix your issue.

I also had some issues with my 50# Delphi injectors not seating properly and leaking fuel and required slightly larger O-rings, but my car is T5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

spacers=hose

some guy I know cut a metal hose at the required dimension and voila: the spacers are ready...
just put the stock injectors near the bigger ones and check the difference: that`s the spacers you need
Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaaabi View Post
so i've got the green giants out, the siemens deka 61lb in. The .64ar exhaust housing on and the .86ar out. new JZW tune and i cross my fingers....and voila! she turns over. however, she's running a little weird.

the vaccuum is steady at around -8 to -10 at idle when it usually was around -20 and she sounds like a cammed V8. we suspect a vaccuum leak of some sort but can't spot it. we start to hear a funny fart-like sound but can't nail it. finally we start squirting brake cleaner around to look and find that the injectors themselves are leaking air! WTF?!
it looks like perhaps the O-rings on the deka's don't sit quite right.

anyone ever run into this problem before? the air leak is wreaking havoc when i'm trying to accelerate and causing mis-fires like crazy. i'm getting the blinky-blink CEL. preblem seems to quell once she's nice and hot, but still not perfect.

anyone know what size O-rings to put on the deka's? i went ahead and ordered a set of stock O-rings from the stealership at a ridiculous $6.90 A PIECE for safe measure. but any help from you guys would be great.
You should have asked me You have to run a spacer on the fuel rail or the injectors will slide up inside the fuel rail too far and you can have a fuel leak and even a fire! Research would have revealed this

John
Old 12-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
SAAB Road Master

i have the spacers from GS. still no joy. i really think it's the o-rings because when we sprayed break cleaner around it sprayed out from the engine side not the rail side...

but from what y'all are saying, i may have a leak on the rail side of things too? i'll double check the seating of them on both sides. but in case i'm right about the o-rings...what size and where do i get them?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
I used a little KY on my o-rings when I put the fuel rail back on.

I'm not kidding. The fit is snug, they can tear.

As far as the o-ring, I had to go into a shop, and see what they had.

I'm almost positive they could cross reference it, and find what I needed.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #8
Elder

the spacer rule prolly applies to 9ks too huh? woops.... havent had any problems yet,but my fuel pump doesnt support more then 15PSI rightnow! thats getting fixed soon

Old 12-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #9
Elder

I had the same problem but I actually had a large fuel leak out of one of the injectors. But once the O-ring was replaced and the injector was re-installed, it was all ok with no problems since. The leak for me was on the engine side of the injector too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
I used a little KY on my o-rings when I put the fuel rail back on.
Do you have that KY laying around your tool box for such occassions?

|
|
Old 12-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green9kAERO View Post
the spacer rule prolly applies to 9ks too huh? woops.... havent had any problems yet,but my fuel pump doesnt support more then 15PSI rightnow! thats getting fixed soon

No, this is for the t7 fuel rail only.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #11
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaaabi View Post
i have the spacers from GS. still no joy. i really think it's the o-rings because when we sprayed break cleaner around it sprayed out from the engine side not the rail side...

but from what y'all are saying, i may have a leak on the rail side of things too? i'll double check the seating of them on both sides. but in case i'm right about the o-rings...what size and where do i get them?
Ok, I remember now that you had them, sorry about that.

You want to make sure they are fully seated in the manifold and in the rail, there is a perfect spot for them, they kind of click in place. Always use some kind of lubricant, castrol oil or something, vasoline works too. Maybe you tore one of the o-rings. Were the injetors new?

good luck,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in