Saab sport exhaust review - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Saab sport exhaust review

Hey all . Thought I'd share my thoughts on the Saabsport exhaust, since it comes up alot. Just happy its on after dealing with just having a resonator for 3 months!!

Quality- event though the system I got has been stored for a while, it looks great. Almost as nice as Nick's GS V2 DP.

Fit- tip didn't fit Viggen bumper so I'm running just the pipe . otherwise ok.

Sound - Not loud at all. Car should have sounded like this stock . Smooth throaty sound.

If you've been contemplating getting one, go for it! Oh and it feels about 3 to 5 pounds lighter than the stock exhaust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Elder

In my opinion, it sounds a little better with an intake to go with it. I was also very impressed by the sound, even more the fact it is 1/8" smaller in diameter compared to the stock system. My favorite is downshifting into second at 35 and coasting to a stop :P
Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I switched my Sport exhaust from my 900se to Viggen and I an very happy with it. The Sport exhaust just sounds cool. I doesn't fit perfect in the slot in the bumper, but that's the only thing.

The Viggen exhaust on the 900 makes it very quiet, but has a cool sound.

The stainless was my biggest reason. I hate messing with exhausts. Put that on and be done with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
Agreed with Paul, when I bought my car it had a brand new stock exhaust fitted which was quickly replaced with the Saab Sport. The sound is just plain awesome and haven't really found another one that compares.. I actually have another one brand new in the box waiting for the next 900/9-3 that I get to come along.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Elder

Had one on my 'dega from day-one. Miss that sound on a 4-cyl Saab.

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
I had it on my 900ng and the Viggen and I must say it was much louder on the 900ng.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafal View Post
I had it on my 900ng and the Viggen and I must say it was much louder on the 900ng.
Did you keep the first muffler in place and just put the rear on or replace from the cat back? I replaced it from the cat back.

I know the Viggen exhaust is way quieter on the NG cause it has two mufflers.

Since i was trying to sell, for the most part I think quiet cars sell faster... I still have the car, so maybe not, but the Viggen exhaust was def quieter than my Sport exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzXhttzey1Q

The link is to the Viggen exhaust on the 900. I'll have to wait for a nice day to record the Sports on the Viggen. ( the screaching noise is from the stuff i sprayed on the engine to make it shinny. I won't do that again and a can of belt conditioner fixed it.)

Last edited by Paul Campagna; 12-06-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Saabsports on a Viggen will always be quieter than on a NG or 2.0L 9-3... The b235r has a much different exhaust tone than the 2.0L. 2.0L have more a of a crackle and pop, where 2.3's have a much more refined note with more of a growl and burble.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

the P.O. put the Saab Sport on my NG, and it just sounds plain awesome. It seems to have broken in fully now, it is a bit louder than it was when i first bought the car, but the smooth sound on accel, and the burbly crackle on the decel is just sweet. Some of the best sounds ive heard from a 4cyl exhaust.

-96 900SE 5spd - 14.5psi of fun
Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Saabsports on a Viggen will always be quieter than on a NG or 2.0L 9-3... The b235r has a much different exhaust tone than the 2.0L. 2.0L have more a of a crackle and pop, where 2.3's have a much more refined note with more of a growl and burble.
I don't know if thats 100% true... My car is downright loud (both inside and outside). As far as the difference between a 2.0/2.3 though you're right on the money. Not much in terms of crackle/pop on mine, more of that growl...especially noticeable when the wastegate starts to open.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #11

I have to say the GS Dp and Sport exhaust on a Viggen is a unique sound to other cars on the road. It's really nice deep and subtle at low rev's but when you want to get noticed it great.
Most fun for me is windows down, 2nd gear pull under an overpass..... sooo loud
Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
I have to say the GS Dp and Sport exhaust on a Viggen is a unique sound to other cars on the road. It's really nice deep and subtle at low rev's but when you want to get noticed it great.
Most fun for me is windows down, 2nd gear pull under an overpass..... sooo loud
+1 on the underpass. I have a 2.0 though.
I got the v2 DP w/o the cat and the SS exhaust, love it. No homer one of my favorite 4 cyl exhaust notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in