I need some saab facts / info - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to 2legit2quit
I need some saab facts / info

Im basically writing a paper on make a stock ng900 185hp saab into a 350+hp saab. I will be covering:
T5 tuning
upgrading to a holset hx35
3Inch exhaust
Upgraded fuel pump and fuel injectors
and large IC

If you guys could help me out,
i need facts on trionic 5, and what maps and other necessary adjustments to trionic, like there names and stuff (boost, a/f, timing that kind of stuff)

If any one with a hx35 could stop bby and tell me about the holset like what trim it is and the air flow it pushes and what not would be awsome

If anyone has some good site or explanation on why a larger 3 inch downpipe and exhaust is needed

And last but not least some info on the walboro 255 fuel pump and injectors with info about how much fuel it flows or how fast or whatever.

thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #2

please post it here when your done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
So basically, you want us to write the paper.

I suggest you use the internet and the search function on this site.

All the info will be there.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

i see everyone is still helpful as ever around here lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to 2legit2quit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
i see everyone is still helpful as ever around here lol
agreed
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PoisonBeef
palmer has a point, all this info is either on here or http://trionic.mobixs.eu/ Download and read the t5 manual.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD
99 5-door 9-3SE - td04, 3" dp, t5 suite - Sold

2001 Audi a6 2.7 twin turbo
1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Old 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonBeef View Post
palmer has a point, all this info is either on here or http://trionic.mobixs.eu/ Download and read the t5 manual.

Yeah, no shit.

Or you could try posting that question on SC, and see what happens.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Well the Walbro 255lph is pretty self explanatory. 255 liters per hour. It will help keep your fuel pressure at your desired level much easier than stock. This will be especially necessary due to your other fuel upgrades as well.
A larger exhaust will allow you to decrease backpressure. You're forcing out enough exhaust that on a stock setup you'll eventually hit a limit of how the exhaust flows out. Larger exhaust = better flow. Not to mention a larger exhaust will help keep your EGT's lower for a safer tune, and decrease spool time slightly.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
So basically, you want us to write the paper.

I suggest you use the internet and the search function on this site.

All the info will be there.
Quote:
Yeah, no shit.

Or you could try posting that question on SC, and see what happens.
I don't see the need to be so hostile about it... yes, there's plenty of info out there and the search function is great, but there's no need to get all pissy about it lol. People wonder why new members get driven away from this site so frequently.

I wish you luck and a good grade Let us know how you make out!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

It's one thing to ask a few questions.

I can see asking about the flow chart for a holset, those are hard to find. however, I managed to find what info I needed.

However, when you ask for co-authors on your paper, I will get pissy about it, because it's BS.

Basic turbo exhaust theory?

Come on!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=turbo+exhaust+theory
Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
User
Elder

Quote:
It's one thing to ask a few questions.

I can see asking about the flow chart for a holset, those are hard to find. however, I managed to find what info I needed.

However, when you ask for co-authors on your paper, I will get pissy about it, because it's BS.

Basic turbo exhaust theory?

Come on!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=turbo+exhaust+theory
Plenty of people ask questions with easy to find answers... Everyone has to start somewhere.

Also, not everything can be found via search engines on TSL or Saabcentral. They have minimum letter count for searching so if you tried searching "T5 tuning", you'd only get "tuning" in your results. This is especially frustrating on SC as you try and search, "oil pan" and get no results. Luckily ours is a 3 letter minimum, where SC is a 4 letter.

Last edited by zingZACH; 12-03-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Yes wise one, now that I have been enlightened in the ways of the intertubes by you, I will proceed to forward send such deep saab tuning questions directly to your PM inbox in the future.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #13
User
Elder

Quote:
Yes wise one, now that I have been enlightened in the ways of the intertubes by you, I will proceed to forward send such deep saab tuning questions directly to your PM inbox in the future.
I never said anything about knowing how to tune an ecu or finding the proper setups. I was just saying it can be frustrating and almost impossible at times trying to find certain things via search. That's all. There's no need to bash the guy for it. You're a mod, it wouldn't hurt to try and help the guy out a bit or give him a few nice suggestions before jumping down his throat.

Last edited by zingZACH; 12-03-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
User
Elder

Besides, just because you may have worked hard to find something in the past, why not help a fellow Saaber out and make it slightly easier by pointing him in the right direction to a site or something. That's the whole point of the forum. Not to retain information for yourself just because you spent a long time looking for it. Don't take this personally, I'm just saying. I see it happen so much online from many people on all sorts of forums and it really gets under my skin. If you know the answer to something, why not help out instead of being an ass.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

http://www.google.com/search?q=how+t...ient=firefox-a

https://saablink.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2188027

https://saablink.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2188029

https://saablink.net/forum/search.php?searchid=2188031

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm really not. However, all of that took me maybe 20 seconds. The info is there.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
User
Elder

Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

And the dude gets what he wants without any effort.

Sigh.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
User
Elder

Quote:
And the dude gets what he wants without any effort.

Sigh.
It's all about doing a good deed and helping each other out. Pay it forward. If you know the answer or where to find the answer, you might as well just post it and make someones life a bit easier, and someone will do it for you in the future. I am a firm believer in Karma.

You did the right thing

Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Besides, just because you may have worked hard to find something in the past, why not help a fellow Saaber out and make it slightly easier by pointing him in the right direction to a site or something. That's the whole point of the forum. Not to retain information for yourself just because you spent a long time looking for it. Don't take this personally, I'm just saying. I see it happen so much online from many people on all sorts of forums and it really gets under my skin. If you know the answer to something, why not help out instead of being an ass.
No one was keeping any special info to themselves here. All of the questions asked here could have been asked via TSL search or google. All too often are there "can I run a BOV?" threads and this is just a couple of "what should I upgrade first" or "how to hit 350hp" thread. Search first, ask questions later. The OP also made no mention of trying to search or understand and having a hard time about it. The OP post sounded just like laziness.

on a side note, we all already know palmer is an ass, I searched for it and it turns out it is true.

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD

1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #20
Elder

a neat search tip:

query google with this:
Quote:
t5 tuning site:https://saablink.net/forum
where "t5 tuning" is any search term

and get this:

99 3-door 9-3 - SOLD

1986 Audi 5000 2.2 turbo
2012 VW Golf TDI
1982 Yamaha Seca xj650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in