Dyno results......... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Dyno results.........

Thought I'd share here as well......

Here it is, looks like the AFR is pretty good, I see a couple more PSI on the road, but I'm pretty pleased overall with the nice, wide powerband.....

Thanks to JZW for all his help, (let me know if you see any other changes you want to make)......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Elder

13:1 af? tad lean for my blood.

i bet you could go dow to aout 12:1 and put more timing in.

boost holds solid though....how much more do you see on the road?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
JZW
Elder

Remember that is at the tailpipe, wide band right after turbo shows 12.5/1

John

Old 12-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

nice run moose!

my car's on the rack as we speak. .64 exh housing going in, with the 60lb injectors. and a new JZW tune....wish me luck. nice stickers BTW. i'll keep y'all posted. =)
Old 12-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Very nice!

And I like how thorough it is, with boost and AFR. You should add it to the thread in the proof section!

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Branden
Old 12-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to lowbudgethero
that is such a flat power band over 300hp from 4250 to 7K
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
SAAB Road Master

hey lowbudget...i dont' think i ever had the chance to get back to ya. sorry. but yeah, still got it. how u doin?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #8
lms
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Very nice indeed!
John, what have you done to your new viggen?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #9

Thanks everyone... I'm very happy with the way she drives..... I don't think I want anything bigger that would cut down on my low end... I am helping someone else with a Holset VGT install on his 9-5, if that works out on his, it might just be the best of low and top end...should be interesting......
Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Very nice indeed!
John, what have you done to your new viggen?
Nice runs Moose, I bet that thang is a blast to drive on the streets! Still comes on fairly quick, yet pulls harder and longer than the 3071wg. If you had cams, that would put you over 400whp, but would also rob some bottome end. Its always a trade-off, bottom vs top and where do you want the power to be in rpm and how much do you want.

Ims, I kept the viggen stock for 3 days I was very impressed with it in stock form. I did put in t5 cams and the 6cm2 turbine housing from a 9k aero and with the light Woessner pistons and the lightly lightened stock flywheel, the car is very fast. I am surprised! Its an 02 model and they were rated at 230bhp and they have leaned out the fuelling map to get that extra power and it goes very well indeed.

I have now tune it for stg 1 and set up the knock counters in the sid function so I can see the knocking counts on each cylinder and then reduced the timing so I only get about 1 knock count per pull. It was about 3-4 knock counts per pull in stock form and made about 1140 airmass. I have it making about 1220 airmass now and raised the first and second gear torque limits. Its a fairly quick car now.

Next will be a stg 3-4 with the ets ic and 3" JT exhaust. The last step will be stg 5 e-85 flex fuel.

John
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to lowbudgethero
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaaabi View Post
hey lowbudget...i dont' think i ever had the chance to get back to ya. sorry. but yeah, still got it. how u doin?
Damn I just ended up buying another t25 and putting that in, an intersting experience
Old 12-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
Remember that is at the tailpipe, wide band right after turbo shows 12.5/1

John
depends on if he has a cat or not i would think.

would there be any advantage to running it down to 12:1 and putting in more timing? i would think that might help the power hold a tad longer since i doubt there is a bottle neck in the system, unless the exhaust wheel is really that small.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Since my dyno is equipped with dual widebands I have been playing lots with this before and after thing. At light load obviously the signals will lag quite a bit but once the load (airflow) comes up they are always the same, just the time alignment is offset. Remember the cat can only work near stoic..

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #14

That's a really nice, flat curve.

A little later boost onset than a GT3071/64 but holds the peak for a bit longer.

Awesome job....you may want to richen it up a bit between 4250 and 5250 just for safety's sake, but you're probably fine through the winter.

Last edited by mike saunders; 12-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post

A little later boost onset than a GT3071/64 but holds the peak for a bit longer.

Awesome job....you may want to richen it up a bit between 4250 and 5250 just for safety's sake, but you're probably fine through the winter.
Thanks Mike..... it will be drinking slightly more fuel this weekend..... hopefully then I can just leave everything alone for awhile and just enjoy it..........
Old 12-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #16
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post

Yea, I said the same thing, lets richen it up a little bit between 4k-5k or so and already have an updated fuel map for him. I was surprised at how fast it spools, good option for someone with a 9k and t3 manifold that wants quick spool.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in