Speedo Video.......... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the NG900 and 9-3. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Speedo Video..........

This is my JZW tuned, 97,NG900 convertible, full tank of gas.... small HX35 as we've found out... fun to drive........ just a quick vid...gotta go, thanksgiving and all........ GObble gobble.......

Thanks John!!! I'll bug you more soon

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=MVI_1930.flv
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Elder

hmmmm Got Boost?
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
JZW
Elder

Wow, that is a quick spooler, full boost by 4k and 60-90mph in 3.49 seconds, its getting stronger. That shows what the smaller hx35 can do, its got the 54mm wheel instead of the 56mm or the 58mm and it spools about 1000rpm faster than the larger ones and seems to be right in the gt3071wg .64ar range in power and spool, just much cheaper. Has the 12cm2 housing.

Seems to be a very streetable and quick spooling set-up and that can be a lot of fun!

good luck with your new beast!

John

Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Elder

Darn, I always wanted to try and make my car faster than yours between our youtube videos lol. I think you have left me in the dust since that is some pretty wicked acceleration!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 11-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
Let's see some dyno numbers to accompany the videeo
Man I can't wait to tell my turbo it's time to wake up. John, you think 9psi will make the quarter second difference between our times??

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #6

soon enough, I'll get a dyno run......people around here don't really want to give me the time of day.. I remember searching for this turbo, and wanting the smallest one I could find, just to make it streetable for my tastes, not a dyno queen...... I think when I get her on the rollers, as JZW thinks, I'll be around 3071 territory (which is the turbo I almost put on)...guessing close to 390-400whp if I'm lucky...on regular gas. I could've bought the bigger HX35 or 40, and I'm impressed with more numbers, but I feel that if my peak power was higher, I'd have to wait longer and it wouldn't be of much use to me other than on the drag strip...... but to each his own! I'm incredibly happy with the way it feels all around... My butt dyno tells me I have a nice, usable power band, quick and smooth spool, it feels just on the verge of traction loss in 3rd gear from 4000 rpm to 7200..., so I'm quite happy with it all in all....especially since that takes me to "go straight to jail" speed. I am really and truly happy with this setup, it's very drivable, it has 10psi by 3200 rpm....and ramps up quickly after that to 30.... I've stared at Comtrang's dyno sheet for awhile and feel confident that I'll make more power a good bit earlier, but I won't make the peak power he has.... which is good for me...... I think the flow that these Holset's are capable of, you'll have to up the rev limit quite a bit to make use of it, then we're into different cams, valve springs....forged internals...etc... I've always said that I want to just push the stock T5 block to it's safe limits...(which may be higher)...but this is safe to me..and I started my upgrades with Jak Stoll long ago, and remember a lot of what we talked about......my car has 150,xxx miles on it... what can I say, I'm impressed, and very, very pleased with what she's doing now....... And let me tell you, JZW has been incredibly patient with me....I don't know how he has the time to answer the phone and deal with me as much as I harass him, but he's good people.... I give him a little feedback based on what I'm feeling in the car, I might send him some T5suite feedback and ....45 minutes later, he poops another tune out, and don't think that it's just a simple change or two, I compare the .bins to the last one each time....he's not just playing in one map or two... I'm glad I've got his experience working for me..... This car is running better and safer than it would've had it been on my own...... I think I'm where I want to be as far as turbo size, my next step is E85, timing is the one spot that has been most noticeable to me and the butt dyno, just 1 degree, I swear I can feel it... e85....from what I hear.... ooooooohhhh...oooo can't wait to try it......... On top of all of this, I've had an incredible amount of beer and wine to drink this evening and I still feel relatively coherent........ I can't wait to beat on my car again this weekend........is that wrong?!!?!? Really, I'm going to beat her bad.... eventually, once the stars align, I'll have all the crap out of my car, with less fuel, then I'll get a good speedo run, as light as my heavy ass convertible can be anyway....btw.....how much more weight do I have as a vert>>???

GOBBLE GOBBLE>!>!>!!!!

Last edited by Moosepuck; 11-27-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
Darn, I always wanted to try and make my car faster than yours between our youtube videos lol. I think you have left me in the dust since that is some pretty wicked acceleration!
Dude....I think we've been jealous of each other... for awhile now.....your car is gorgeous....
Old 11-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via MSN to comtrang
I love you, man.

SOLD '97 Saab 900SE
Stock 2.0
Holset HX35

-Branden
Old 11-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
Elder

be careful with e85, a couple honda guys have had some very horrid long term results with residue and eating fuel system components

Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Looks like it pulls hard! Nice video

Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
JZW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
be careful with e85, a couple honda guys have had some very horrid long term results with residue and eating fuel system components
I have been running it for over a year now and with a walbro 255 and injectors that are compatable, there is not much more in the system. You have the saab plastic line that is used on many models, I think that is fine and if the fuel pump is fine and the injectors and o-rings with them are fine, then there is not much left to go wrong, no more seals that I can think of, except maybe the fpr.

The 60# siemans are definetely ok and so far so good for me with e85, its amazing stuff! I have quite a few e85 cars here in Denver, one 03 95, my ng900 and my soon to be viggen and Steve's 94 9k.

John
Old 12-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZW View Post
I have been running it for over a year now and with a walbro 255 and injectors that are compatable, there is not much more in the system. You have the saab plastic line that is used on many models, I think that is fine and if the fuel pump is fine and the injectors and o-rings with them are fine, then there is not much left to go wrong, no more seals that I can think of, except maybe the fpr.

The 60# siemans are definetely ok and so far so good for me with e85, its amazing stuff! I have quite a few e85 cars here in Denver, one 03 95, my ng900 and my soon to be viggen and Steve's 94 9k.

John
I'm defintley considering this, I'll probably wait until summer time, maybe by then there will be a closer E85 station.... I'll hit you up when the time comes!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in