Saab Link Forums banner

Clutch Replacement

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Marks9-3 
#1 ·
So I had the Viggen Clutch and PP in my stage 4 NG900 and it seemingly held up fine but now I need to replace the clutch in the 9-3. I am abut 95% sure that I will get the new 6-puck clutch that GenSaab has up on their site now. It is not that much more for the clutch/pp combo than the Viggen kit is ($40). I will also change out the slave cylinder and resurface the flywheel. Is there anything else that I should think about doing while the trans is dropped? I don't have a bunch of time as it needs to be back together for the trip home to CT for xmas. Also any reason NOT to get the new GenSaab clutch?

#5 ·
Mark: Only other thing you could possibly do while your in there is have your stock flywheel lightened and balanced. You can also have the pressure plate balanced with the flywheel if you wanna go crazy. Good time to replace the rear main seal around the crankshaft since you are going to have the flywheel off, if you haven't already done this. Just an idea.
Pulled the pan and checked the pickup screen yet? You'll have the subframe and exhaust off, so you could do that as well. Can't think of anything else though. Definitely take a look around while you have everything apart.

#11 · (Edited)
Went with the 6-puck and Viggen PP. Not sure who else has bought it yet but I'll let you know how it is. With this purchase, for some reason I decided to look at how much I have spent at GenSaab. Never going to look again. :shock:

After this need to get an IC and then a temp Stage 3ish tune.

#12 · (Edited)
Well it looks like they will not have these in time for me to get it done before I come home for Christmas so I'm just getting the Viggen one instead. I had it in my Stg 4 and seemed to deal fine. Was just looking forward to see how the other clutch was going to deal.

Also to take advantage of the little change in price, I threw in the Steering Rod Bushings they have. Now I have those, the ARB bushings, Inner and Outer Suspension bushings that still need to go in. Balls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.